IX

Apology

You widen your eyes when you suddenly recognize who's this girl standing beside your bed, looks so excited.

"Mom! She's the one I'm talking about! The pretty girl that's with Law last time!" Lammy said and beam with a wide smile. You facepalm yourself remembering your stupidity.

The couple look at you excitedly.

Oh no. This couldn't be happening.

"What a rare occasion to meet you. YN." The doctor said while smiling warmly and widely. She really looks beautiful. Her husband must be lucky to have her.

"She's really pretty! Law must be lucky!" The blonde guy said happily while smiling widely to you.

"I told ya! Tho, she has some minor attitude problem." Lammy said while chuckling.

Looking at the three of them you suddenly felt envious. Lammy is smiling widely while the couple beside her is laughing. They look so good together, like a happy complete family.

I wonder when will I'm going to experience this again.

You thought sadly. The guy with blonde hair named Rosinante resemble your father a bit. They are both tall and had a blonde hair, although Rosinante has a soft and warm feature while your father has this dangerous aura. But you can't really help but to feel weird around him.

"Is there something wrong, honey?" Ask the doctor and walk closer to you, she looks worried. You just shake your head and smiled awkwardly. Then you realized, Lammy called her 'mommy'.

Lammy is Law's sister... That means.. these couple are his parents?!?!

You look at the couple. You can't help but to ask if that's the reason why you are feeling strange towards them.

But nothing of them resembles Law in any angles. Thats weird

"But, come to think of it. YN-chan was hospitalized here, and Law doesn't know about it? Plus, aren't he should be taking care of his girlfriend why would he let his girlfriend over work herself?!" The blonde guy said then he furrowed his brows.

You look at him with surprised.

"Then call him, Rosi. Law should know about what happened to her. Tsk tsk. This guy. Make sure to scold him." The doctor added. Rosi just nod.

"W-wait! Wait!" You quickly said then look at them.

They all look at you with confused face then you are quick and explain to them what is the truth. That you are not Law's girlfriend and that all of this is just a misunderstanding.

• • • Meanwhile • • •

"So you don't really have a girlfriend?" Law huffed annoyingly.

"I told you, don't listen to Lammy!" The raven haired guy said.

"Then is it really okay for you to do this? You know.. I don't really want to involve you in this case."

"It's fine, Cora-san. I want to help, and I'm the only one who can do this. It's not like you could do it yourself." The blonde guy beside Law chuckles.

"Well. It's really a big help. We don't really have much lead about the case. But if you could established a better relationship with his daughter we could get much intel." Rosinante said then lean back at the sofa.

"Thanks to Shiro-san for having such a big reputation in this town. Doflamingo is willing to make a political arrangements with her."

"But I'm a little bit worried. I don't want you guys to get involve in my own cases. Plus this is really dangerous." Rosinante said in a very serious voice. Law just sigh and look at his adoptive father.