10 - p.s sorry

(Pov: Tennessee)

"We should tell Dad!" Montana stated once I had closed the door to Hawaii and Alaska's bedroom. "Wha- no!" I said turning around. "That's just going to, 1: get us in trouble, and 2: freak him out!"
"So what are we supposed to do!" Montana asked. "I don't know, okay!?" I yelled. "What if the person who wrote the note was the one who kidnapped UN?!" Montana questioned, clearly freaking out. "I don't want to get kidnapped!" Hawaii cut in. I turned to her to see the most scared expression I've ever seen on any off my siblings face. I walked over to her and said, "Hawaii, none of us are going to get kidnapped. Dad wouldn't allow it."
"Also," Montana cut in, " how would they know where we live?"
"Oh yeah.." Hawaii said. "So we'll be fine?" She asked. "Yep!" I answered. "Let's avoid telling Dad for now, and if things get bad, we can always tell him. Got it?" I asked "got it." Hawaii said.

[Time skip brought to you by adoptacheese.org]

"I don't think it would be a very good idea to go to the address on this paper." Montana randomly said walking into me and Kentucky's shared room. "Me either, I mean 4 kids against some old guy who probably has a sidekick. Not to mention Hawaii is 6, Alaska's.. well actually- never mind. and you're 8." I answered. "Also, you can't just waltz in here and start talking about something that is supposed to be a secret. What if Kentucky was in here.?" I asked crossing my arms. "But he's not." Montana said. "But he could have been."
"But he wasn't."
"Who wasn't?" Kentucky asked walking into the room. "Speak of the devil." I comment. "I'm confused." Kentucky said. "Not surprising." I answer a smile creeping onto my face. "Rude." Kentucky said. Crossing his arms. "I am leaving because I am clearly not wanted here." He said sarcastically. "Okay bye." I reply . "Uh- " Kentucky started, turning around. He then decided against it and left the room, leaving Montana standing at the doorway.

"Do you really think that we should keep it a secret?" Montana asked. "No. I think that we should give the address to Dad." I answered. "Then why haven't we..?" Montana questioned looking over to me. ".. I.. I don't know. Why haven't we." I said "Why aren't we"
I feel like I should say something else... but I have no idea what. Anyways, without saying anything we both came to an agreement to go tell Dad. I grabbed the paper off my nightstand and followed Montana out of the room towards Dad's office where he was probably working on some paperwork.

Suddenly Montana just stopped walking. "What?" I asked her. "What if Dad gets really mad at us?" She said turning around. "I mean. Look. It's already a miracle that he doesn't already know. I mean I'm surprised that 1: Nevada hasn't snitched and 2: Dad didn't catch us sneaking back in." I replied. "But same. I'm kinda scared to go and just flat out tell him."
"Maybe we could write a letter and put it in his room..?" Montana suggested. "Good idea. Let's go fund some paper."

Dear Dad,

Sorry we put this in a letter instead of just telling you.
So anyways we kinda snuck out of the house yesterday.... Sorry...
We went to your uh work building place. We just wanted to help
with finding UN. We found a paper with an address on it that
we thought you might want as evidance .. evidenc? Evidence.
I don't know how to spell that. The paper is also in the envelope.
The handwriting is different than the other paperwork in his office.
And it was just laying on the floor.

Love, Tennessee and Montana.
P.S sorry.
P.P.S we are out of orange juice.

"Montana. Why did you put 'P.P.S we are out of orange juice.' What doesn't that have to do with literally anything." I asked after rereading the letter. "WE'RE OUT OF ORANGE JUICE! I'm pretty sure that is important enough to put in a letter." Montana announced. "You know what, fine. Fine. Fine. fine. Why do i keep saying fine? I have no idea!" I said throwing my hand up. "Let's just go put the letter in Dad's room."

(Pov: America. New person. Finally!) I feel like I haven't done his Pov in a while lol

Finally. Finish. This. Freaking. Paperwork. And it's only.... 10:49..pm.. great. I should probably go make sure my states are going to bed. Downstairs to the living room I go! I got downstairs to the living room to see Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Nebraska sitting/laying on the couch watching Kansas and Minnesota fight over what movie to watch. "I wanna watch Alice in Wonderland!" Kansas exclaimed. "No that's boring! I want to watch Minions!" Minnesota said back. "And I want all six of you to go to bed." I interrupted.

"Oh come on! That was entertaining!" Oklahoma complained. "Oak you can just watch Texas and California fight tomorrow." Kentucky stated looking over to his brother. "Yeah, but they fight every day. And 95 percent of the time it's about the same things" Oak announced. "How does going to bed solve the problem of I still wanna watch Minions." Minnesota cut in. "And I still wanna watch Alice in Wonderland." Kansas added. "I wanna watch Alice in Wonderland too tbh." Nebraska said. "Well that great! But it's now 11 pm so... bed. Now." I said stopping Minnesota from complaining about not watching Minions.

~~~~~~~~

"Dad? Im dizzy" Kansas said after I had forced everyone else upstairs to bed. "Tornado?" I asked. "Yeah." She replied. "Well get some sleep and you'll feel better in the morning."
"Okay! Night' Dad." Kansas called down the stairs. "... good night Kans."

After saying good night to Kansas everything was kind of just a blur. I said good night to Confetti. I went upstairs and got myself ready for bed. I put my papers into my briefcase. I walked over to my bed to find an envelope sitting on my pillow. "When did that get there" I wondered out loud. I picked up the envelope and on the back it just said Dad in cursive writing. 'One of the states wrote this' I thought. I opened it to find a folded sheet of paper and a small piece of paper with an address on it. I unfolded the paper and read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love, Tennessee and Montana
P.S sorry.
P.P.S we are out of orange juice.

I grabbed the piece of paper and read the address on it.

217 ####### street

Word Count - 1109
(3/17/23)
So I can write chapters in under 6 days!
Btw, does anyone else have that one teacher who if you miss a day of school they'll still mark things as missing. Like, I WASNT HEREEEEE.
I feel like some teachers just try to annoy you.

¡Adios! Kreative