XVII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act ii !

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the week went much the same

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the week went much the same. School was still school, and Bella was still Bella.

Unfortunately.

Angela closed her locker door gently, as she nodded — though she knew her mom couldn't see her.

"Mom, don't worry! Seriously, I don't mind watching Izzy and Joshie this weekend." As she spoke, Edward came up and wrapped an arm around her waist, giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead as he waited for her to finish the call.

"Are you sure? It's not just Saturday this time, it's Sunday too, honey." Iris' soft voice flowed out of the phone.

Angela laughed lightly. "Honest, mom — it's okay! Work is work, I understand."

Iris sighed. "Thank you, Angela. It's just, with all of these recent animal attacks — we've had a lot of people coming into the hospital to get minor injuries checked out. There's been a mini hysteria boom, and a lot of them are convinced that even the faintest smell of blood will attract the animal killing all of these people."

Angela frowned. "That's another level of paranoia. Wow."

Iris sighed. "I know. We, nurses, have been spending all of our time trying to convince the people that that's not how it works. Nine times out of ten, they can't be convinced — so then we just take care of their injuries as quickly as possible. All in all, it's not that long of a process, but when there are multiple people we have to run this process through — time adds up. The hospital is convinced this weekend will bring in a whole new slew of people, and I agreed to take extra shifts because- extra money doesn't hurt, right?"

Angela nodded. "Yeah...extra money doesn't hurt at all, mom. I have to go now, but I'll see you at home tonight?"

"See you at home. I love you, sweetie!" Iris responded.

"I love you too, mom." Angela smiled and then hung up. The smile instantly fell from her face.

"What's wrong?" Edward furrowed his brows.

"I'm sure you heard that entire conversation. My mom is taking on extra shifts at the hospital so that we can get more money. My dad is also driving to Port Angeles this weekend to check out a job offer he got that pays double what he's making right now. Both of them are trying to hide that they're doing this under the guise of wanting more money for comfort, rather than the fact that we need the money out of necessity. Because of this, I'm watching Izzy and Joshie this weekend." Angela laid it all out to him.

If she didn't say it out loud, then she knew he would just end up reading her mind anyways. And seeing as he now knew the financial struggles her family was going through thanks to her past thoughts, Angela had to admit that it felt good opening up to someone about it.

"Actually, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You didn't buy much when you went out with my sisters last weekend." Edward spoke.

Angela simply shrugged. "It didn't feel right spending your money."

Edward smirked, as he pulled her body closer to himself. "Angel, you could drain that entire card dry and it wouldn't even make a dent in my money. Don't ever say vampirism doesn't have its perks."

The Weber girl shook her head. "Edward, no! That money is your money. I couldn't and wouldn't do that."

"I want you to, though. What's mine is yours. Matter of fact, we're going shopping this weekend." He declared.

"I can't." Angela continued to shake her head. "I'm watching my brothers this weekend, remember?"

"Perfect. They can come with." Edward smirked. "I won't take us back home until you have at least a week's worth more of new outfits and your brothers' have at least three toys...each."

Angela's jaw dropped. "Edward, that's at least seven new outfits! And that includes a top and bottom."

"Don't forget underwear." He looked her up and down jokingly, which earned him a smack on the arm.

"Why, you little..." She trailed off, unable to think of a word to call him.

Edward laughed, as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and began to walk them to the parking lot. On the way there, Angela sulked. "I'm leaving without you."

Edward raised a brow and smirked. "And how will you do that, love? I'm your ride, remember?"

"I'll walk home." She retorted.

"No, you won't."

"No, I won't," Angela admitted with a sigh, as she melted into Edward's side. "My physical activity for the day was completed in P.E."

Edward kissed the top of her head lovingly and rubbed her arm left arm affectionately. "Never change, Angel. Never change."