II.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 off with a bit of a bang for Angela, as the teacher had decided to create a seating chart over the weekend

"Now, I know it's only the third week of school — but I've decided that it would be best to assign seats for this class to help you feel less distracted talking with your friends." The teacher explained as he pointed to which seat each student would now be sitting in.

As he got to the first desk of the last row, he pointed to the left seat. "Angela, you will sit here, and...Jasper you will be sitting next to her."

She quickly made her way to her new seat, avoiding the burning stare she could feel coming from Lauren. She was sure she was due another headache.

She stared at her desk in silence, as Jasper seated himself beside her. A wave of anxiety went over her, but she turned to smile at him anyway. Though she faltered for a moment, as he seemed to look confused as he stared at her.

Taking a deep breath, she decided to speak anyways. "Hi, I'm Angela! I know it's a bit late, but welcome to Forks."

She suddenly relaxed, as Jasper shot her a small smile. "It's nice to meet you, Angela. I'm Jasper." His voice came out in a smooth, Southern accent — which caught her by surprise.

"Are you from Texas?" She asked curiously, though she realized a moment later that perhaps he may not want to talk to her.

If her thoughts were right, he did not show it. "I am. You ever been?"

She nodded, "I went with my fam-"

She was suddenly cut off by the teacher. "Am I interrupting your conversation, Ms. Weber? Mr. Hale?"

Angela felt herself blush furiously, as the whole class turned to stare at her and Jasper. The embarrassment she felt at being caught talking during class was extreme for the shy girl, and she found herself unable to form a response.

Luckily, Jasper spoke for them. "Pardon us, sir. Won't happen again."

Angela felt herself instantly relax as the teacher nodded and turned to focus on the board once more.

She locked eyes with Jasper again and mouthed a 'Thank you' to him. He simply nodded in response, before they both turned to face the front of the class in sync.

The rest of the class went swimmingly, and still — Angela ignored Lauren's burning stare throughout the period.

She really was in for it later.

— 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘, 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐄𝐃 that Jasper was waiting for her, as she slowly packed her books away.

She'd taken longer than normal in hopes of wearing Lauren's patience down, but sped up at the sight of the Hale boy calmly watching her. Lauren wouldn't dare approach her if she and Jasper were still talking.

"Sorry, Jasper. I didn't realize you were waiting on me." She apologized sheepishly, as he finally stood up.

The smile that he returned was kind, as he only nodded. "It's quite alright. No need to rush on my account, ma'am."

She laughed slightly, as they walked out of the classroom together. She felt eyes on them from every direction but somehow managed to stay calm. For whatever reason that was — she was thankful.

"What class do you have next?" Jasper asked her, and she thought about it for a moment, as she was still trying to memorize her schedule.

"I have...art!" She smiled when she finally remembered.

"Great, we can walk together! I'm Alice by the way." A short pixie-like girl suddenly joined Jasper's other side, a friendly smile on her face.

"I'm Angela. Nice to meet you!" The brunette introduced herself.

If she listened closely, she could now hear people whispering about the 'tall freak and incestuous, introverted, pale freaks' talking to one another, but tried not to pay them any mind.

Angela had been dealing with those kinds of comments since the middle of eighth grade when she shot up to six feet. Even though the comments still stung, it wasn't anything she hadn't been used to hearing.

"Jas here has Geometry," Alice stated, to which Jasper nodded in agreement.

"Right you are, darlin'."

It went silent for a moment before Alice giggled. "Off you go then! The math department is in the opposite direction of us. Angie and I can take it from here." The kind girl shot a wink in Angela's direction, to which the brunette only giggled slightly.

Jasper sent them both a friendly smile. "Alright, I know when to make myself scarce. I'll see you later then, ladies." And then he was off, walking in the opposite direction of the way the two girls were heading.

"I can tell you and I are gonna be great friends, Angie. Is it...okay if I call you that?" The smile never left Alice's face.

Angela nodded in response. "Totally fine. Are you excited for art?"

Alice suddenly wrinkled her nose in distaste. "I'm not as good in art as I'd like to be, but I do admit it's very relaxing."

"I agree! Painting is a nice way for me to escape, though I have to say I enjoy photography the most." Angela patted the camera hanging on her side for emphasis.

Alice's eyes seemed to light up at that. "I've actually never tried using a camera before! Do you think I could try yours one day?"

Angela nodded in excitement. "Of course! I love helping people get into photography."

"You're the best, Angie! Here, take my number..." Alice suddenly pulled a pen out of nowhere and began writing on the corner of a page in her notebook that she was holding. She then ripped off the corner and handed it to Angela just as they walked into the art classroom.

"Hey...would you, maybe want to sit next to each other?" Angela asked shyly, as there were no assigned seatings in art.

Alice smiled even wider. "I'd love to sit next to you, Angie."

The tall girl simply smiled back.

She was really, really in for it later.