XXIII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act iii !

— 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 of playing in the sand with Isaac, Josh, and their toys — hunger took over and led the crew back to their spot on the beach

Angela helped her brothers dry off first, before having them sit on the sheet, and doing the same for herself, as she sat next to them. The three teen boys also dried themselves off, with Jacob and Embry joining the three Webers on the sheet afterward.

Quil took it upon himself to pass out the sandwiches and requested drinks — before he too, sat himself on the sheet.

Angela took a moment to be grateful that the sheet was large enough to fit everyone as she unwrapped the sandwiches for Isaac and Josh.

She then unwrapped her own sandwich and took a bite, about to initiate a conversation with Embry — when a sudden ringing sound coming from her bag interrupted her.

She gently placed her sandwich down and grabbed her phone from the bag. The name she found on her phone was Edward.

Smiling, she accepted the call.

"Hey, Ba-" She began, but was abruptly cut off by Edward.

"I've been trying to call you for the past ten minutes." He spoke calmly, though a hint of anger could be heard in his tone. He sounded more worried than anything, though.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I was swimming with the boys and left my phone on the shore." Angela explained, ignoring the curious looks her friends were sending her. Both Isaac and Josh were too wrapped up in eating and playing with their toys at the same time to pay much attention to their sister.

Through the phone, she could hear Edward sigh heavily after a long moment of tense silence. "Don't apologize, Angel. I'm the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't have opened the conversation like that."

Angela shook her head as a small smile began to form on her lips. "It's okay, Edward. I understand, really."

The vampire only sighed again. "It wasn't okay, though. I knew you were at the beach, and it was only obvious you would swim considering what you were wearing when you left. I was just worried when you didn't answer because you always answer. Regardless, that is no excuse for me to be rude to you. It won't happen again, Angel. I swear."

Angela rolled her eyes playfully as she tsked, ignoring the blush she felt heating her cheeks. "Stop being so cute."

At those words; Jacob, Quil, and Embry all sat up straighter — obviously catching the last part of the girl's sentence.

"Who are you talking to, Lala?" Jacob asked, not caring if he interrupted her conversation.

Angela held up a hand and mouthed her pleas for them to wait a moment while she wrapped up the call, before staring at a spot on the sheet so that she wouldn't have to make eye contact with any of the boys.