Chapter 19: I Don't Dance

Rani stared into Kion's eyes. He smirked at her. Rani was about to speak, but she heard a cough behind her.

Rani turned around. She saw her dad and her mom. Ananda leaned up against Sahasi's shoulder. Burn marks covered her body. Her left eye was burned. Sahasi looked at her with concern.

"Mom! Dad!" Rani ran away from Kion to her parents. She hugged them tightly. Ananda groaned in pain.

"Oh, I'm sorry mom," Rani backed away from her.

"What happened? Where's Baliyo? And Surak?" Sahasi looked around. Kion sighed and looked down.

Sahasi's eyes widened, "Kion!" He bowed down. "Don't do that please," Kion said. "You saved our kingdom Kion," Sahasi replied.

"No....I destroyed it," Kion looked around. "Dad, Kion didn't mean it! He was cursed!" Rani defended him.

Sahasi smiled, "Kion, you saved our kingdom from destruction once. And if you were cursed I know you didn't destroy our kingdom on purpose."

Kion sighed. Rani brushed her cheek against his, "Don't beat yourself up. This is an easy fix."

"R-Rani?" Rani turned around. Baliyo limped over to her. Rani started crying and hugged him.

Baliyo chuckled, "Woah! Careful there sis. We don't want you to break my bones."

Rani smiled. Baliyo looked up, "Hey Ki!" "Sup Baliyo," Kion smiled.

"Oh since you're here, I have something to tell you," Baliyo looked at his older sister and winked at her. Ranis eyes widened, "No Baliyo!"

Baliyo laughed and got out of her grasp. He ran up to Kion. "What is it?" Kion raised an eyebrow.

"Rani has a crush on you!" Baliyo teased. Rani froze in horror, "You little-!" She charged at her brother and tackled him down.

Baliyo still laughed, "Rani and Kion sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes-" Rani covered his muzzle with her paw.

Kion approached Rani. She looked embarrased and anxious.

Kion smiled, "I like you too Rani." Rani stared at him in shock.

"Kion," Sahasi walked up to him, "You may have ruined our kingdom, but you fixed your mistake. We would like to throw a party in your honor."

"WAIT!" Everyone turned around. Kiara and Kovu were running up. Suddenly the crashing of Priderock filled Kion'a mind.

"Y-You're alive!" Kion was shocked. "We got out before it demolished," Kiara sighed, "But Priderock is destroyed."

Kion looked down in shame. Kovu chuckled, "Kion you are fine. We already have lions working to repair it. We just came here to see you."

Kion smiled.

"Now...about that party?" Baliyo asked. "Party time!" Surak shouted as he ran up. Nirmala cried and nuzzled him. He smiled.

"Let's party!" Kovu roared. Sahasi led Ananda into the tree for healing.

Kion looked at Rani and gave a cute smile, "Rani, I am not a big fan of dancing. In fact, I've never danced in my life," He handed out his paw, "But can I have this dance?"

Rani smiled back, "Maybe I can teach you a think or two."

Kion smirked and pulled her closer.

(This is one of my favorite songs. I really suggest you listen to it)

Kion looked down on Rani, his arms wrapped around her. Rani stared into his amber eyes. Kion leaned down, and kissed her.

"Woo! Go Kion!" Kovu shouted with a smirk. "That's my brother," Kiara chuckled.

"Looks like my big sis has got a boyfriend now," Baliyo smirked.

Kion and Rani drowned out everyone. It was like they were in their own world. Kion pulled away.

Rani wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him again.

"We should probably leave them alone," Surak chuckled. "That would be best," Nirmala replied.

Everyone left.

Rani smiled and pulled away from Kion. Kion smirked at her, "Rani, will you be my mate?" Rani couldn't hold in her excitement. She pounced on him, "Yes Kion! I would love to!"

Kion chuckled and pulled her down. Rani nuzzled into his neck. "I love you Rani," Kion smiled.

Rani purred into his neck, "I love you too, gold fur." She smirked at him. Kion growled playfully, "You're going to get it now!" Rani squealed and jumped off him. Kion chased after her.

Kion eventually pinned her down. He layed down beside her. Rani cuddled close to his chest. Kion licked her cheek. They both slowly drifted into sleep.