Chapter 8: Zuri's Pain

Everyone's eyes widened. Tiifu and Kiara both cried.

"I-Is she dead?" Kion asked.

Zuri lay on the ground, unconscious. Some of her fur was burned off, and her back right leg wasn't normal. It looked weird.

Kion couldn't control his body again. Scar took over his mind. Kion's pupils shrunk, and he growled under his breath.

Nala felt the side of Zuri's throat, "She's still alive, just unconscious. That fall must have really damaged her leg." Nala walked to Zuri's backleg.

Kion roared and attacked his mom. Simba's eyes widened and he pulled his son off Nala.

Kion growled and clawed at his dad's neck. Simba enraged and attacked him.

Scar laughed. Kion and Simba were now fighting eachother.

Simba threw Kion against a rock. Scar left Kion's soul. For now. Kion went limp. Nala's eyes widened, "SIMBA!"

Simba stared at his son, "What have I done!"

Kion groaned and opened his eyes. He looked at his leg. It was still black. His look hadn't changed.

"Kion!" Nala nuzzled him. "W-What happened?" Kion looked around. Simba dropped his head down in shame.

Nala lifted up her son, "You're fine Kion. Just a little dazed. I need to check on Zuri now." Kion nodded and sat down.

Zuri was still unconscious. Tiifu cried over her body. Kiara comforted her friend.

Nala felt Zuri's backleg, "It's broken." Kion froze in horror, "No! This is my fault!" "No Kion, it wasn't your fault," Kovu assured him. Kion sighed.

"The parts of her fur that were burned up will grow back, but her leg will always have a limp," Nala explained. Tiifu cried even more.

Zuri shifted, and opened her eyes, "H-Hello?" Tiifu cried and hugged her. Zuri looked at her fur, and screamed, "MY FUR! SOME OF IT'S GONE!"

"It will grow back Zuri. But your leg...I'm afraid you will always have a limp," Nala explained sadly.

Zuri cried, "NO!" Everyone looked at eachother sadly. "We're here for you Zuri," Kovu said. He nuzzled her. Soon, everyone joined in the hug.