Chapter 1: An Offer

"Simba, your son has done so much for my kingdom. Before you go back to the Pridelands, would consider staying here for one night?" Sahasi asked.

Simba looked at Kion. He shrugged. Simba turned back to Sahasi, "Sure."

Before Simba or Sahasi could say anything more, their vision was corrupted.

Mufasa appeared in both of their eyes.

Mufasa looked at them both, "All heath is restored, and two hearts will be intertwined to bring peace and happiness for good."

Mufasa dissapeared.

Simba blinked his eyes and saw the Tree Of Life again.

Sahasi shook his head, "What just happened?"

Ananda stepped forward, "Let us find you the most comfortable den." Nala and Simba smiled. "What about me and Kovu?" Kiara asked. "Don't worry, there are plenty of dens," Ananda chuckled.

Rani whispered in Kion's ear, "Want to sleep in the tree with me and my family?" "Would that be OK with your mom and dad?" Kion raised an eyebrow. Rani laughed, "They suggested it in the first place!"

"I guess that's true," Kion thought about it, "Sure why not." Rani smiled and hopped up to her parents, "Mom, dad, Kion is sleeping in the tree with us!"

"Oh ok. Go and find him a place in the tree and make it comfortable for him," Sahasi replied. Rani nodded, "C'mon Kion!" She dashed to the tree. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" Kion laughed and followed her.

They both ran into the tree. "There are different sections in the tree," Rani explained, "The rock is where my parents sleep, the back of the cave is where the paintings are, and to your right..." Rani nudged him.

There was a walkway that led somewhere. "Down that way is where the different sections for dens are," Rani said, "You can share one with me if you want. I have the biggest space."

"Oh sure," Kion smiled. "This way!" Rani led him through the walkway. She took a quick left, and stopped.

"Here is my section," Rani stepped through a big hole in the tree, and there were leaves and feathers on the ground. Kion stepped in after her. He had to dip his head in order to not hit the top of the entrance.

Rani rolled around in the leaves and feathers, "This is the best den. You'd be mouse-brained to not want to sleep here."

"Yeah I guess so," Kion sat down looking at the paintings on the wall. Rani followed his gaze.

"Who's that?" Kion pointed to a lioness on the wall. "That was my grandmother, "Rani sighed, "She passed away only a few days before you got here."

"I'm so sorry for your loss," Kion said affectionately. Rani looked up, "It's ok. She's with Atma now." "Who's Atma?" Kion asked. "He was king with my grandmother Janna before my parents were king and queen," Rani explained.

(Queen Janna and King Atma, Atma means, "Spirit Or Soul")

"Oh well I guess that's one good thing right?" Kion asked. Rani nodded. They both heard pawsteps.

"That's my brother. It must be time to turn in for the night. I normally patrol during the night but I can let my brother take lead this time," Rani smiled.

"So where should I sleep?" Kion asked. "Anywhere, I don't mind," Rani curled into a ball and fell asleep. Kion padded down the leaves and feathers to make them more comfortable. He twirled around, and layed down in a ball. He slowly drifted into sleep.