Chapter 10: Bye Tiifu

Kion hissed and walked away from Zuri's dead body.

Kion didn't go back to his family though. He had bigger plans.

Tiifu ran back to Zuri. She wanted to check on her friend.

As she ran to the lake, Tiifu sas something was wrong with Zuri. She didn't move. Tiifu got closer.

Her eyes widened in horror. Zuri lay on her side. She didn't breathe. Tiifu noticed a bite mark on her neck, though it looked like a snake's, but was way to big for a snake.

Tiifu backed up, tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn't bear seeing her best friend like this. "No...no! no! No!" Tiifu screamed.

She dug her claws in and out of the ground.

Tiifu looked sadly at the marshes. Crocodiles wrestled with eachother in the water.

She looked back at Priderock. Tiifu ran to her home. Tears ran down her muzzle.

Tiifu crashed into Kiara. She turned around, "Tiifu? What's wrong are you ok?"

Tiifu clenched her teeth and hit Kiara across the face. Kiara stood there shocked.

Tiifu growled through tears, "G-Get everyone...a-and come to the marshes." Kiara was still shocked, but agreed.

Tiifu ran to the marshes.

Kiara raced inside Priderock, "Guys! Something is wrong with Tiifu, like really, really wrong!"

"Maybe it's because Zuri is hurt?" Nala suggested. Another voice spoke from the shadows, "Or maybe because she's dead."

"What!" Kiara whipped her head around to see her brother. Kion laughed evilly. Kiara noticed something about his fangs. They were different.

"Did you kill her?" Simba asked. Kion smirked. Simba roared and charged at him. Kion just dissapeared.

Everyone was in total shock. Kion never admitted it, but they could tell, he had killed Zuri.

"Kion would never do that!" Kovu shouted. "I...I don't think its Kion, Kovu," Kiara said slowly.

Then she remembered, "Guys we have to go to Tiifu!" "Why?" Simba asked. "Because she told us to go to the marshes!" Kiara shouted. They all ran to Tiifu.

Tiifu stood at the edge of the marsh. Crocodiles were everywhere. She couldn't live without her bestfriend. Tiifu walked into the water.

The Royal family arrived, "TIIFU! TIIFU NO!" Kiars screamed. She ran to her friend. Kovu followed her. Simba and Nala were just behind.

Tiifu was pulled down under the water. Sharp teeth held tightly on her leg.

Tiifu could only see dirt in the water. She couldn't hold her breath any longer. She breathed in the water, and her body went limp. She sunk to the bottom of the marsh.

Kiara screamed, "Tiifu! Tiifu!" Tiifu never resurfaced. Kiara was about to dive  in after her friend, but Kovu grabbed her scruff and pulled her away.

"She's gone Kiara. She couldn't have survived in that water," Kovu said sadly.

Kiara cried into his chest, "Why both of them!" Kovu rested his chin on her head, trying to comfort her.

"Tiifu..." Nala put her head down, "She was so young. Both her and Zuri. Why did this have to happen."

Simba nuzzled her.

Kion laughed evilly. Scar spoke in his head, "Kion, you are unstoppable. Destroy them before you lose this opportunity!" Kion growled and showed his fangs, "Don't worry, they'll all be dead before sunrise."