"You know a good amount of hockey, when did you get into it?" He asks, taking another sip of coffee. Then leaning forward, resting his elbows on the small white table between us.

"Since I was able to understand it, my dad played." He makes a surprised face, and then says, "Me too, both of my parents played for the US teams. What did your dad play?" He asks the question of the hour. I don't hide who my dad is obviously, it's just really annoying sometimes when hockey players only want to meet your dad and want nothing to do with you.

I take a big deep breath in and say, "The Devils, actually." His eyes widen then I say, "Reggie Lee." Wondering if he has an idea of who that is but who am I kidding, if you know hockey you know Reggie Lee.

"Get fucked." Jack says, his mouth hanging slightly open and slowly piecing things together in his head. I giggle softly before saying, "Josephine Lee." revealing my last name and extending a hand again to reintroduce myself.

"That's absolutely crazy, wow. Not what I expected at all." He shakes his head and continues the conversation with me. We press our phone screens to check the time at the same time, and when we look up we both realize we have to go.

"It was nice to meet you, Jack. I'll look out for you at the next Devils game." I say with a smile as I begin packing up my things to leave.

"Likewise. For, uh, both things. Pretty girls keep me going at games." Finally showing some nervousness but he hides it well with the smirk he wears proudly before walking out of the coffee shop behind me.

I get to my house setting everything down before texting Mere about what just happened.

Me: I'm gonna shit myself.

Merebear🧸: Why😭😭

Me: Just ran into Jack Hughes at my favorite coffee shop..

Merebear🧸: YOU'RE LYING

Me: and called me pretty, and sat with me to just talk

Merebear🧸: Holy shit!

Me:Then told me to look out for him the next time I go to a game, he said he'd do the same because and I quote, "Pretty girls keep him going." I type out.

Merebear🧸: I totally jinxed it last night I'm so sorry, but on the bright side YAY! Now we haveee to go to another game.😭😭😭

I turn off my phone and yell into my hands. I pull my hands away from my face, and while my throat slightly raw, a smile comes up on my face, pissing me off because this was not supposed to happen.

I get out of my coffee shop clothes to put on some cotton shorts and a tank top. I turn on New Girl and cuddle up on my couch with my huge weighted blanket and favorite pillow.

My phone vibrates after a few episodes and I flip it to see what it was in case Niall already emailed me back. Which isn't likely but the anticipation of working with him makes me so nervous to work with him.

My facial ID unlocks my phone immediately to see a notification that scares the shit out of me. @jackhughes started following you

I throw my phone across my rug and start giggling. "Ew, what the fuck left my mouth."

I shake my head and unpause New Girl, trying to get this dumb crush out of my head. I end up falling asleep, having a dream I was Jess, Jack and Nick and some other hockey players were Schmidt and Winston. Needless to say when I woke up I knew this crush was going to bug me more than I should let it.