Chapter 40 : A Visit To A Magic Shop

May 14th, X524 (1:30PM)
Iceflask City

'What's wrong with Juvia? Juvia feels bad since..' the water maiden sighed silently, 'Natsu's look was so strange. Juvia hopes Natsu won't stupid things. Gajeel-senpai and Rogue-senpai are with Natsu, but their thinkings are too straightforward. Natsu can fool Gajeel-senpai and Rogue-senpai so easily. Why did Gajeel-senpai and Rogue-senpai bring Natsu to Fairy Tail? But, they are with Levy-san, so Natsu doesn't have a chance to fool her. Also, Natsu won't do something that could harm Sabertooth.' Little did she know, the topic was about Natsu Dragneel, the infamous spoiled heir of Lord Dragneel.. a kid who always picked a fight with others.. who never cared about his duties or etiquette.. who didn't care about what others thought.

"Juvia... Juvia are you okay?" Seeing her expressionless, Gray could tell that his teammate was lost in thought.

"Amm," she replied in a reflex answer as soon as she heard his voice. Right, they were walking back to Mayor's house after escorting Oracion Seis Cobra. She was lost in thought for so long that she forgot her plan to visit Iceflask magic shop.

"Juvia is lost in thoughts. Juvia apologizes to Gray-sama. Does Gray-sama say something earlier?"

"I heard that there is a magic shop nearby. I plan to go there. What about you?" It wasn't an invitation. His words rather told her that it was okay not to accompany him, that she could go wherever she wanted. He asked for her concern because she was his comrade.

     Gray was neither a flexible nor talkative person like Lyon. In public eyes, Gray Fullbuster was as cold as ice. But, when teaming up with Juvia, his cold attitude was forced to disappear. He was always the one who initiated the talk first to avoid the deadly silence between them. Juvia was someone who talked less and liked to listen more... maybe it was because of the way she spoke. However, he couldn't deny that Juvia was a strong and suitable teammate.

      The water maiden answered without hesitation, "Juvia will go with Gray-sama. Juvia needs a suitable spell book for her new water spell.'

• • • • •

       It took ten minutes of walking to reach their destination. "Let's go," Gray said, as he pushed the door, and let Juvia enter first. Compared to Magnolia magic shops, this shop was rather small, but it still displayed good weapons on the wall and a considerable number of books on the shelves. They walked towards the counter. Asking someone for the guide was better than finding it randomly without a clue.

"Welcome sir, welcome miss," a middle-aged man with short brown hair smiled, and greeted them. He was well-built man, wearing long-sleeved black cloth,  "I'm Drew, the owner in charge of this shop. May I ask what you need?"

      Gray looked at him, "I want suitable equipment for my ice magic. Do you have any suggestions, sir?"

     The man raised an eyebrow, curiously looking at the handsome young man in front of him. Normally, the mages who visited hiis small shop asked for the spell books, not equipment.

"Juvia needs a new water spell for strong water attacks," she needed a new spell as strong as Water Slicer, Water Cyclone, or Water Nebula. Her new self-created spells were not powerful enough for the offense.

"Sir, Miss, please forgive my intrusion. May I ask if you two are from Magnolia?"

"Yes, we are," Gray replied, not showing his annoyance.