- nine

•••

I JUST GOT BACK IN MY ROOM. I am staring at the ceiling, with my head still replaying the talk that Nijiro and I had earlier.

My heart beat again abnormally when I remember the last talk we had.

We finished our food and we decided to go inside since the wind is getting colder.

"The training starts tomorrow," I mumbled while looking at the stars.

"Who are you going to train with?" he asked.

"Dori-san," I replied.

I heard him snort which made me look at him with a confused look on my face. I was about to ask what is wrong when he spoke.

"Why are you still being formal to me?" he complained, "Just call my name like how you call the others."

"Eh?" I said in surprise. He glanced towards me with a brow raised. 

"Don't tell me you will still call me formally even after of what we did?"

"What did we do?" I am confused about what he is saying.

He grinned playfully, "What do you think?" I glared at him and he immediately raise both of his hands surrendering.

"We just shared one of our past secrets. Don't you think we are already close enough to drop the formalities?"

"Those aren't secrets and you know it."

He scoffed lightly his playful grin still on his face.

"It is still different when it came from the  person itself than seeing it on the internet or hearing it from an interview."

I agree with what he said. But the thought of calling him by his name makes me feel jittery. And I don't even know why? I feel fine calling Dori-san and Kento-san by their given name now. But why do I feel nervous about it?

"Don't you think it is awkward?" I looked at him when he spoke. He slowly started to walk and I followed a few steps behind him but still close enough to him.

"I feel like we have a barrier between us despite being friends."

When he said that, I couldn't help but notice that he is not that close to the other casts. Yes, he interacts with them, laughs with them, and even jokes with them. But I don't really see him going out with them with him taking the lead.

And yet here we are. Just the two of us. We just had a deep conversation, sharing our pasts.

"So call me Nijiro."

I stare at him as he continues to walk slowly. I know that he is listening, and waiting for my response. I walk a bit faster and pass through him then stop in front. I saw how his eyes widen in surprise at my sudden appearance in front of him.

"Then, call me Kaede."

Slowly, a bright smile appeared on his face.

"That's a deal."

As if it is now my common reaction. I could feel my face heating up and my heart rate doubling up in speed. I groaned and put my head under my pillow. I heard the door open and I assume it is only Aya-san since we are sharing the room.

"Ah, you are here?" I heard her voice confirming my thoughts.

"Did you have dinner already?" She asked while taking off her jewelry.