Chapter. 1: A boy in a coffe shop

Hello everybody! So this is my first attempt at writing fanfic ever and I just want to try it! I will be keeping this pretty pg so don't worry about that! Enjoy reading this and I'll try to write a new chapter each week! ~Claire Sand

Ranboo POV

"I'll take a double ice tea latte." A customer drowns on, it's the same thing everyday. A customer orders something and I'm forced to make it. It's the same pattern everyday and it's miserable. "And what is the name for the order?" I ask, ready to finish this man's order and end my shift. "George." The man smiles, I look up at him. "So how are you Mr.... Ranboo!" George asks, attempting to make conversation. I sigh and put on my fake smile. "I'm just great, and how are you?" I ask, finishing George's order. 

"I'm marvelous! Hey, have you ever heard of minecraft?" George asked, I could hear the excitment in his voice. I put down my notepad and looked George in the eyes or well where I assumed his eyes were, he was wearing sunglasses for soem reason, odd. "Yes George, I know what minecraft is." I respond dryly, in full truth I had been streaming for months trying to join a special server on minecraft, it was called the Dream SMP. George's face broke into a huge smile, "Well guess what, I'm Georgenotfound! Ever heard of me?" My mouth drops open as I recognize the name. Of course I knew who George was, I had been watching his streams for ages. "You are Gogy?!" I question, not believing what I just heard. George nodded, smiling. "Yup! I'm Gogy! Hey do you know when my order will be ready?" George asks, and I quickly run behind the counter and check. Five more minutes, I return to my conversation with George. "Five more minutes sir." George laughed, "You don't need to call me sir." I smile and attend to my other customers, my spirit lifted. When George's latte is ready I hand it to him. "Here you go George! Have a great day!" I smile, even though it was kinda hard to tell given the fact that I was wearing a mask. George left the cafe and I was once again alone. I turn around ready to end my shift when I hear a voice. "Hey boss man can I order?"

Tubbo POV

"Hey boss man can I order?" I ask, gaining the attention of the barista. Damn is he tall."Sure kid-" "I'm NOT a kid." I snapped, jeez was he dense. I wasn't that short after all. "Sorry sir, what would you like to order not kid?" The barista asked, I squinted and just barely made out the name Ranboo on his name tag. "Ranboo, I'd like a black coffe." I smirked, looking Ranboo in his eyes. Ranboo sighed and started to write that down. "Name for the order?" Ranboo asked. "Tubbo." I smiled, holding out my hand for him to shake. Ranboo shook it with a roll of his eyes. When we shook hands I felt something, it was a spark, not like anythign I had ever felt before either. I shook my head ever so slightly clearing my thoughts. "So Tubbo, is that your real name even?" Ranboo asked, making conversation. "Nope! But it's what all my friends call me, my real name is Tobias." I shrug, nobody, much less a barista, had ever asked me that question before. "So Tubbo what brings you to America?" Ranboo asks. I was confused but only for a second, I was british after all and I had a noticable accent to say the least. "Oh I'm just visiting my friend, Tom Simons." I sigh, I wasn't really lying. But I was after all not just here for that, the truth was I'm the pianist in a band and I had to come to America for a gig.

 "Oh Tom Simons, I've seen his videos on Youtube, they're pretty good." Ranboo says, writing down something. "So you watch minecraft videos?" I asked, remembering my friend had only ever streamed minecraft stuff. "I mean yeah, I've been playing it for years and I guess I've just subconsciously started watching videos about it." Ranboo shrugged. "But Tubbo, doesn't Tom live in the UK? So what are you actually doing in America?" Ranboo asked. Jeez why'd this tall dude have to be so smart. "Well I'm actually here because I'm in a band." I explain, rubbing my kneck. "Oh that's pretty cool, what instrument do you play?" Ranboo asked, he took of his apron and hung it on a hook. Ranboo grabbed a coffe and the peice of paper he was writing on and handed them both to me. "I play piano, what's the paper?" I ask, grabbing both of them. "It's my in game name and my discord, you could add me if you wanted." Ranboo shrugged. "I never said that I played minecraft-" "Yeah but it's plain to see, and you are wearing a minecraft sweatshirt." Ranboo interupted. I glanced down at my jumper and sighed, Ranboo was right. "Well thanks Ranboo, I'll proably see you around." I say, before exiting the cafe. Ranboo was certainly something, not sure if that was good or bad.

Ranboo POV

"Well thanks Ranboo, I'll proably see you around." Tubbo says before leaving the cafe. "Ranboo remeber don't fraternize with the customers!" My boss calls from the back. "yes sir Big man Schlatt!" I call back, grabbing a wash cloth and I start to clean up the workspace. It was near closing time and I had to get home quickly and stream. I had been grinding for months now and I still hadn't been able to get noticed by any of the content creators I wanted to get noticed by. As I was cleaning up my mind began to wander. That Tubbo kid, I recognized him from somewhere, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. "Ranboo, you can go home I said." Schlatt says, appearing next to me. Apparently I had zoned and hadn't heard him say that. "Thanks sir, I'll see you tommorow." I grin, before grabbing my coat and leaving the cafe. As soon as I leave the door I hear a familiar voice. "Hey boss man, off of work already?" Tubbo asks from a chair. I look over at him shocked. "I-um-no-yes." I stutter, I hadn't expected to see him again. Tubbo laughs. "You should've seen the look on your face. I guess we haven't formarly met yet." Tubbo stands up and approaches me. "Hello, I'm Tubbo. And you are?" Tuboo asks, his hand extended. I shake his hand and say, "Hello Tubbo, I'm Ranboo."

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter, next one out friday! ~Claire Sand