Author's Note & Blurb

Dear Reader,

This is technically the "prequel" to The Sinuous Bargain of a Cowardly Prince (the first in The Shadowed Throne Chronicles), however my recommendation for you is to read the main book first, and treat this book as supplemental reading to better understand concepts in the first book. There are historical elements in this prequel that may spoil some things for you in the first book of the main series. 

As this is a prequel, I'm making the unconventional decision to write this in a different narrative style—3rd person limited. The main series is written in the first person. Each chapter will include at least one POV, but these will be separated by clear paragraph breaks so as to not confuse the reader.

Please also note that this is a first draft, and therefore may contain grammatical issues and typos. If you happen to catch one, please alert me and I will promptly fix them. 

Thank you, and happy reading,

~eatingher_words

~Blurb (prone to changes)~

𝐈𝐧 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐩 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐠𝐞.

Burdened by the scars of a haunted ancestry, Prince Azriel wields his disdain for all things magical like a dark shield. With his coronation looming on the horizon and a marriage arranged for him, he remains oblivious to the perils of truly falling in love.

But destiny intervenes. When Azriel stumbles upon the kingdom's best-kept secret, he becomes entangled with an irresistible lust for the one person he can never have.

Loyalties perish, a tainted romance blossoms, and a battle between passion and betrayal unfolds. 

Wounds are left in its wake, and they are deeper than Azriel could've ever anticipated.