Ranpoe-Always by your side

Re-edited: 17. 10. 2023
(I'm in the process of re-editing all my oneshots and fixing my grammar mistakes since my English has gotten better:} For new readers: my oneshots will get better, I promise!)

This is my first oneshot that I ever post, so be ready for everything!

Poe POV

I just finished my work, when I got a call from my husband asking where I was and when I'm coming home, so I told him that I was on my way and he shouldn't worry about me.

I unlocked our house's door yelling from hallway: "I'm home!" while my raccoon Karl jumped off my shoulders and ran in to the kitchen, where I supposed were my husband at the moment.

"Hi love~" And speaking of the devil there he was, in the kitchen's doorway that warm smile on his face.

"Hi Ranpo," I said and walked up to him so I could place a soft kiss on his lips, at what he just giggled happily and went back into kitchen so he could continue preparing dinner.

I took my coat to the coat rack in the hall, washed my hands and went into the dining room so I could prepare our table.

When Ranpo was done with the food we sat down together and ate. Though it was more like: "No, I don't want to!"

"But Ranpo, you prepared this food yourself, and you need to eat," I said holding a fork full of food before his mouth.

"But I don't wanna!" Ranpo whined to me pouting adorably.

"I'll let you have sweets that I bought if you eat now," I tried to convince him and fortunately it worked.

After we ate and Ranpo got his candy, I went to wash dishes and right when I was done with that Ranpo dragged me into our bathroom.

We took off our clothes and then climbed in our bath. I soaked Ranpo's hair with water and then took some shampoo and started rubbing his head with it washing it properly.

When I was done he insisted on washing my hair too so I let him, and after that he just leaned on my chest sitting between my legs kissing me once again on the lips.

After we climbed out of bath and I dried Ranpo's hair with his towel, we put on our PJs, then washed our teeth side by side.

At last we went into our bed, Karl in his favorite spot at our feet.

I wrapped my hands around Ranpo's waist and pulled him against me so there were no space between us.

He kissed softly my forehead, and petted my hair tangling his fingers into it.

"I love you, Ranpo..." I whispered sleepily.

"I love you too..." He whispered back, and kissed me on the lips. Once again.

I snuggled my head into crook of his neck, and he petted my fluffy but still little bit wet hair lovingly.

"I will never leave your side... Ranpo..."

Third person POV

Third person POV

Ranpo had never drunk alcohol before, but one year ago he began.

He laid on the couch head hanging over the armrest, whiskey shot glass in his hand.

He sipped the rest of the liquor at once, and filled his glass again. He was used to it already. To this life.

Or so he tried to convince himself.

He watched around in his house trying to blink his tears away that threatened to fall.

He looked at the table where Poe tried to get Ranpo eat healthy food. At the hallway from where every evening he would hear that too familiar 'I'm home!', at the bathroom door, behind which they used to take baths together–

Used to. Yes, they were used to it. Used...

Everything in that house only reminded Ranpo about his beloved husband.

Ranpo lifted his arm over his eyes hoping that it would stop his tears.

But it didn't, it just soaked the sleeve of his blouse.

But like he cared.

He started sobbing loudly, whiskey glass falling and shattering on the ground.

It had been one year like this.

One year since that miserable day.

That day when Poe turned 30. When they were walking home from the restaurant where they had been celebrating Poe's birthday.

And when that truck didn't notice them.

And Poe saved Ranpo's life with the cost of his own.

"I will never leave your side... Ranpo..."

Ranpo sobbed even louder, almost screaming.

But then his sobs became silent.

"You're such a liar... Poe..."
.
.
.

Word count: 753

Word count: 753