Chapter 59

Soon after, the royal family appeared. The emperor and the empress were at the front, and the Crown Prince and the second Prince walked in right behind them. The Crown Prince looked unexpectedly fine. He was still dignified and elegant.

However, if you look closely, you can see that the light under his eyes is a little dark blue. I looked at them and met the eyes of the second Prince. As I bowed my head slightly to greet him, he nodded quietly.

Today, the second Prince was wearing a white uniform and a blue cloak draped over one shoulder. A silver brooch and medals on his left chest gleamed in the light.

“Annie, if you go to the wagon, there will be a long wooden box. Can you bring it to me quietly?”

At my words, Annie nodded her head with a dignified face.

“Yes. Lady, wait a minute. I'll be right back.”

Come to think of it, Roxana usually only took her maids with her to banquets.

So, it must have been the first time Annie had come to the Imperial Palace.

Perhaps the splendid imperial palace was amazing, seeing her twinkling eyes with curiosity, I thought it was a good idea to bring her. However, I was worried for a moment that she might make a mistake or get lost because she was nervous.

'Should I have sent Joan or Tien?'

I pondered for a moment, then shook my head. Annie was already far away and was leaving the banquet hall.

'She's worked hard all this time, so when I come back, I should give her a reward.'

There were a lot of people in the banquet hall today, and there were many familiar faces. All the nobles of the capital had been invited, and Claire was also there. She was beautiful today.

I couldn't take my eyes off the neat yet lovely appearance. Even without the Crown Prince, Claire didn't seem lonely because there were a lot of people around her.

There were also ladies who sometimes blushed looking at her.

Claire looked very fine. When I saw her, I felt a little sad inside.

I looked away from Claire before making eye contact with her. Soon, a melody flowed through the hall and the full-fledged banquet began.

“Roxana.”

The Crown Prince approached me, who was standing quietly alone without dealing with people.

“You are exceptionally beautiful today. You seem to be improving day by day. Do you have any secrets?”

“I'm flattered.”

I answered in a dry way.

“Crown Prince.”

Suddenly, the Duke approached us and stood before me. His voice was hard and his face was cold.

“Duke, did you win another victory this time? Congratulations.”

The Crown Prince sent congratulations with a nonchalant face.

“Thank you. And there is something I want to discuss with Your Highness.”

The Duke responded with a cold face. The Crown Prince made an anxious face.

“What is it?”

“I heard that a lot had happened while I was away. As for the unsavory rumors circulating recently..… .”

As the Duke showed his dissatisfaction, the Crown Prince did not say anything as usual. He sent me a look that said 'help me' with a difficult expression.