Chapter 33

The Lord of Hermes was more brazen than I thought.

I was momentarily embarrassed by his plausible words. But I was no stranger to shamelessness.

"I'm grateful, but I'm also curious. If you are the Lord of Hermes, you should know a lot. Can you answer my questions, too?"

The man erupted into a light laugh. Although I couldn't see it, I think he was smiling through his mask, with his eyes beautifully bent.

"Of course. If there's anything on your mind, just ask."

Unlike when I had first entered the room, the atmosphere had somehow become even more relaxed. I hesitated for a moment and then asked, keeping my eyes on his mask.

"Why did he help me that day?"

"It probably was something he did without much thought."

"I see."

I nodded with an indifferent face, my gaze glued to the cup of tea in front of me. The Lord of Hermes couldn't just turn a blind eye to people in distress like the Crown Prince had helped Claire.

Even though the other party acted without any intention, I found great comfort in that moment.

"Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you."

"Is that so?"

The man smiled unexpectedly.

"There's one more thing that's bothering me.......... "

"Please ask."

When I slurred my words, the Lord of Hermes said with a smiling face.

"I definitely lost consciousness in the garden, but when I opened my eyes, I was in my room. The maid said she found me in the lounge. What happened after I fell?"

"Elvin Croix took the princess to the lounge, and the only person he met in the process was the Crown Prince. So you may rest assured."

I paused for a moment at his words. Then I looked at him with surprised eyes.

'The Grand Duke of Croix is the only Grand Duke in the Empire.'

Even if they were similar in terms of power, the Grand Duke of Croix was higher in rank than the Grand Duke of Lillian.

The Grand Duke of Croix had no daughters, only three sons, of which Elvin Croix was the most famous.

I heard that the Grand Duke of Croix was a good and gentle man, and that his two sons were handsome in appearance and had great abilities. However, his current wife was the second wife, and it was said that Elvin was the son of the first wife and the Grand Duchess.