Chapter 7

Watching the door close, I put on a light coat, and walked up to the desk to sit down.

Annie was quick-witted and sincere.

Her manners were quick and polite, a stark contrast to the maids.

As I was watching Annie, I thought of the maids, and I disliked them even more.

I sat at my desk and wondered if I had made the right choice by not kicking them out.

I pondered for a bit, then quickly shook my head.

The maids were nothing more than just a maid.

If a problem arises, I can just kick them out like I did earlier, and if i kick them out all at once, all sorts of words will come out, so I think it's not too late to take my time and watch them before deciding.

It'll be noisy as soon as I get back in the society again anyway, but there's no need to create additional work.

Shortly after I sat down, Annie came back with a large basket full of envelopes. There were quite a lot of them piling up due to my long stay hiding in my room. So I started to read the letters and invitations.

I picked out a few things in it that I needed to be aware of and checked them.

I had no idea what was happening outside.

But I suppose it's the same for others who don't know what happened to me.

'Princess Lillian fell from the second floor balcony of the Imperial Palace and was severely injured.'

I don't know if it was rumored that I jumped on my own or not, but the fact that there was such an accident itself was a big issue. The nobles were very sensitive to news.

For them, exciting gossip was a very interesting topic. And even more so since the Imperial Family was also involved.

Since such an accident happened right after a dispute with the Crown Prince of all people, all kinds of false rumors must probably be circulating by now.

This was not an easy case to get away with, so people were bound to want to know the truth about the incident. It only takes a moment for the mouth-to-mouth, insubstantial rumors to grow like balloons through the mouths of multiple people.

I looked at the stack of letters and invitations.

'Everyone seems to be interested in my news.'

It was obvious what they wanted.

To take me out of hiding and enjoy watching my broken self.

In the social world, most people have always hoped and enjoyed Roxana's embarrassment as if it were some kind of fun.