Chapter 53

Viscountess Willis was very unhappy with the situation. However, she just couldn't blame Claire.

"It's okay....Don't worry too much."

Viscountess Willis patted Claire lightly on the back with an awkward touch. It was an insincere consolation.

There was not a bit of the arrogance she once had as Roxana's nanny. Viscountess Willis, who had been comforting Claire for a while, suddenly caught sight of her own reflection in the window pane.

'How did I end up like this...'

Facing her own shabby reflection, Viscountess Willis gritted her teeth and lowered her gaze.

Her status was higher as a Viscountess than a Baron's daughter, Claire Dana.

However, looking at the current situation, the position was the exact opposite. That was why she had to bow down even in front of this lowly person. It was a long time ago that she had despised Claire so much.

Having been abandoned by Princess Lillian, she had no more power.

It was tragic and hurt her pride.

Her jaw naturally tightened as she thought of Roxana's face, the one who had shunned her so coldly despite having been raised by her all her life.

"Viscountess Willis, I can't let this go. The Princess has taken someone very dear to me, and I must bring one too."

When she heard Claire's words, Viscountess Willis felt a chill in her heart, but Claire's next words were enough to shake her to her core.

"I have just heard that the Princess has recently taken one servant to be her trusted maid, do you know about this?"

Speaking of the servants that had been following Roxana around lately, it had to be Annie, that commoner. Because of that lowly servant girl that the Viscountess got kicked out of the Duke's mansion.

The Viscountess didn't know what Claire was planning, but if she could use human hands to get rid of that vile thing, it would be good for her. No one would be interested in what happened to a mere commoner's status servant. So she didn't need to worry about what would happen later.

"Well, it looks like the person Lady Dana is referring to is Annie."

After completing the calculation, Viscountess Willis did not hesitate to answer.

"She was a commoner, and she used to be a servant who took care of all the chores. I was worried at first because she was an orphan and poor, but she was quite diligent in her work."

As she spoke of Annie, the Viscountess had the unconcealed hostility in her eyes.

"She did chores for several years, but lately she became Princess Lillian's trusted maid. From what I saw she was a jealous person, so it doesn't seem like a bad idea to let her go."

Viscountess Willis emphasized that Annie was an orphan and that she was close to Roxana. Along with that, they were secretly trying to get rid of Annie.

There was a rumor that a maidservant was responsible for the misfortune of the nanny who had been taking care of the Princess for a long time. Apparently the rumor was true.

It was certainly worthy of indignation if the Viscountess, who was supposed to be of very high rank in the ducal family, was humiliated in such a way because of a mere maid.

"I need the Viscountess's help this time. If you help me, I will tell the Crown Prince to find a way to help you."

Viscountess Willis's face looked perplexed and troubled for a moment.