Chapter 10: Senior Year Spring Musical

Marinette walked out of the doors of the main building with her shoulder bag clutched to her. She'd opted to wear a white spaghetti strap blouse with a jean skirt and flats. Only because the weather was so nice today. She stalled for a minute as she was walking to find the campus map in her bag. She kept forgetting the route to the commons building. She stopped at a quiet area that had a lone tree, but was startled when she heard a familiar voice speak to her.

"Hey bugaboo."

She dropped the map as she quickly looked up and saw Adrien standing on a thick branch of the tree. He was decked out on his prom tux, giving her what she considered to be one of his goofy smiles.

A smile crept on her face as she faintly shook her head. "You can't be serious."

Adrien simply shrugged. "Well, I am. Can't a guy save his damsel in distress?" He reiterated from the night that they had come back from the championship game.

"I guess it's okay if she's actually in distress." She giggled to herself. "But you really shouldn't be here." A concerned expression started to grow on her face as she thought of Adrien's father. "But how are you here? Your father's probably tracked you down by now. How did you pay for a ticket over here without him noticing?"

Adrien hopped down from the tree. "Maybe because Natalie helped pay for the ticket."

"You should really be at prom. In Paris." She pointed out.

Adrien gently shook his head as reached into his jacket pocket. "Don't you know that my prom is wherever you are?" He took out a light pink corsage and placed it onto her wrist. "If I'm gonna have my last dance in high school, it's gonna be with you." He declares before offering a hand to her.

"Take my hand," Adrien sings out as she lovingly accepts his hand.

"I'll take the lead." He sings as he pulls her closer.

"And every turn,"

"Will be safe with me." He gently twirls her before their gazes return to each other.

"Don't be afraid,"

"Afraid to fall."

"You know I'll catch you through it all." He sings as he dips her.

"And you can't keep us apart."
"Even a thousand miles can't keep us apart."

They sing their familiar poetry as they start to waltz.

"Cause my heart is wherever you are." They harmonize as they imagine being at their prom. Adrien would wear the tux he has now while Marinette wore a short flowy white dress that faded into a light pink near the skirt of it.

"It's like catchin' lightnin',"

"The chances of findin',"

"Someone like you."

"It's one in a million,"

"The chances of feelin',"

"The way we do."

"And with every step together," They would sing to each other even then, in the magical atmosphere with fairy lights decorating the venue.

"We just keep on gettin' better."

"So can I have this dance?"
"Can I have this dance?"

"Can I have this dance?" They sing as they come back to the reality around them.

"Can I have this dance?" The two of them slowly circle around each other before coming to stop.