Chapter 8: Walk Away

Adrien waltzed through the school hallways the next day, greeting anyone who said 'Hi' to him. When he finally got to his locker, he opened it and was immediately distracted by a picture of Marinette that he'd posted on the inside of the door. It was a copy of one of her pictures from picture day that year. Staring at her familiar bluebell eyes brought a smile to his face.

He was brutally brought out of his daze when his locker door suddenly slammed shut to reveal Chloe who was apparently right beside him. "Adrikins!"

Adrien quickly recovered the scare and gave her a bright smile. The prideful smile that Chloe had greeted him with started to become strained as she spoke. "I feel that some congratulations are in order."

He was a bit confused at first. "Thanks but the basketball season's already well over with."

"Not you. I'm talking about Du- Marinette." She quickly corrected herself. "I know that missing the show must be tough, but being selected for Parsons early orientation is a great opportunity." She told him as she failed miserably at appearing genuine.

It took a second for Adrien to process what she just said. "I'm really not sure what you're talking about."

Chloe then shoved a printed out piece of paper in his hands that had all the information. "Well everyone knows about it. My... mother got her into Parsons School of Design and they have an early orientation that she's invited to, starting next week." She uncomfortably explained to him.

"Next week?" Adrien asked as he was a bit baffled.

Chloe scoffed in annoyance. "Yes, it says it right there." She reiterated as she pointed at the paper. "It's a shame she didn't bother to tell you, especially since she's supposed to be your girlfriend." She sassily made her point before leaving him there in the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Marinette was in her room studying at her desk when her phone went off. She immediately smiled when she recognized the caller ID. "Hey," She answered.

"Did somebody order a full platter of croissants and every flavor of macarons?" Adrien asked jestfully.

"Every flavor? I seriously doubt that." She responded with a giggle as she climbed on top of her bed to let him through the trap door. Just as she expected, he was waiting there with a picnic basket in his hands.

About twenty minutes later they were both lying in the middle of her floor with all of the food in their stomachs. "Wow, you really did bring every flavor." She admitted.

Adrien's smile faded as he thought about the reason why he was here. "So, about the orientation at Parsons." He hesitantly brought up the subject.

"How'd you hear about that?" She asked dejectedly although he had an idea of how he'd heard.

"We'll, everyone knows about it." He responded solemnly. "Why didn't you tell me about it?"

Marinette was in slight distress. "Because I knew what you would say."

"You should really go." Adrien encouraged her as he sat up. "You've always wanted to get into fashion and you've got Audrey Bourgeois of all people, in your corner to help you get there."

"I know," Marinette told him as calmly as possible before she sat up. "I just don't know if going to Parsons is the step I want to take. There are other ways of getting into the fashion industry. Besides, I'd probably need to take a year off before taking a step like that anyways." She explained as she felt she was grasping at straws.

"But you can't just put something like that off. Not everybody gets a chance like this." He gently reasoned with her.

She subtly blotted away some wetness that had formed at the bottom of her eyes. "I just wish everything would slow down, you know?"

A Miraculous Musical 3: Senior Yearजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें