Chapter 4: Can I Have This Dance

The next day, Marinette was just arriving at school. She was walking across the school yard when Alya had approached her.

"Hey girl, you look cute today." The brunette complimented brightly. "And you're wearing heels? That's new."

Marinette was wearing a flowy off shoulder beige dress with heels. She also decided to wear her hair down today. "Yeah, I figured I should probably get used to wearing them since prom is coming up. Anyways, are you going to rehearsals today?"

"It's not like I have a choice. You got us into this. Which I'm not even sure why since you might not be here. Have you told anyone that Audrey Bourgeois got you into Parsons School of Design?" Alya asked out of concern.

"No," Marinette simply responded, trying not to let the thought bother her.

"Well, that's a pretty big deal so you're gonna have to deal with it soon." Alya reminded her.

Their conversation halted when Marinette heard her phone ringing from her bag. She smiled when she saw the caller ID and answered it. "Hey,"

"I need to see you right now." Adrien quickly told her.

"Wha- Where are you?" She asked in slight concern.

"Look up." He simply told her. When her eyes wandered upwards she spotted Adrien on the roof waving his arms around. She let out a small giggle as Alya admired how cute both of them were.

"You better go." Alya playfully urged her before Marinette hung up and made her way inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette carefully went up the steps that led to the roof. She was cautious with her movements because of the fact that she hadn't worn heels in a while. Her smile got brighter when she spotted Adrien holding up two different types of suit jackets. "Which one do you think I should wear?" He nervously asked her.

"What for?" Marinette questioned him as she approached him and set her bag down.

"Well, you're gonna be wearing something pretty when we go to prom, so I want to look right too." He softly explained.

Marinette felt herself start to blush before she grabbed the black suit jacket and held it up to him. "I've never been asked to a dance before, but that sounds like an invitation to me." She motioned for him to turn around. Adrien quickly took off the jacket he was wearing so she could put on the jacket that she picked out.

"Let me make this more formal, then." Adrien turned to face her before he pulled two prom tickets out of his pocket to show her. "Will you go to prom with me?"

Marinette returned his lovestruck gaze before she answered. "I do- I mean, yes." She quickly corrected herself.

Adrien chuckled at her stumble before his mind wandered a bit. "I'm guessing we'll actually have to waltz."

Marinette nodded as she thought about it. "I don't know how to do that. The most experience I have with that is when my dad used to stand me on his feet when I was a little girl."

"I could help you practice." Adrien offered to her.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." Marinette concluded before she made a quick realization. "Actually it would hurt you now that I think about it."

Despite what she said, Adrien just shrugged. "I don't mind."

"You really should, but I guess it would be nice to try." She gave him a heart warming smile as she led him to the open space of the roof.

"Take my hand," She gently sings as she reaches out to him.

"Take a breath,"

"Pull me close," She tells him as they step closer together.