Chapter 12

The next couple of days were showered with school work and work on the project

The next couple of days were showered with school work and work on the project. Since Sunghoon and Nabi had already finished their project they weren't meeting each other every day. Today they had to finish their script and learn their parts of it. Nabi just finished her classes and was now walking toward the place she and Sunghoon were about to meet. After he came they decided to do it in her house. The previous night wasn't really enjoyable for Nabi.

Flashback

I was lying in my bed reading a book, as usual. Suddenly someone walked into my room, without knocking. I looked over to whoever it was, a bit annoyed they didn't knock. After I turned my head my breath hitched from the person standing there. The words got stuck in my throat. I couldn't believe what was happening to me.

"Nabi? Are you okay? Do you hear me?" Jihoon waved his hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and hurried to hug him.

"I-I thought you were dead." I was already crying.

"Dead? Why would I be dead?" His voice sounded a bit confused. I was overly happy, but at the same time extremely confused what was happening. I didn't complain or ask anything and just hugged him tighter. We stayed in that position for a minute or two.

"What's wrong, are you okay?" He was rubbing his palms against my back.

"I really thought I'll never see you ever again." I pulled away and wiped my tears with the back of my one hand.

"I think you just had a bad dream. I'm here. Alive and healthy." He smiled. Joy was overflowing her body, filling her blood to the brim.

I suddenly woke up with a bolt of my body. My heart was racing and there was sweat all over my body. I got up and looked into the wall. I rubbed my eyes. There were tears coming out of them. I remembered the dream again. It felt so real. The hug, his words, everything. I really believed him for a bit and thought it was just an awful dream I had, but it isn't.

I hit my forehead with my palm repeatedly. I remembered what I did today with Sunghoon, how much we laughed together. I was starting to get more comftarble around him. I was starting to feel him like a friend.

"What am I even doing?" I hit my bed and got out of it.

End of flashback

Nabi's POV

We were into my house already. Sunghoon's back was leaning against the wall behind him, with a pillow, softening the surface. His laptop was on his lap; he was editing the presentation. I was writing the script of what we're going to talk in front of the class and what we have to memorize. I opened the drawer to search for scissors to cut Sunghoon's part of the script and give to him. Next to the scissors I saw the bloodstained towel that I couldn't wash yesterday. I quickly closed the drawer after taking the scissors out. The last thing I needed was someone to see it. I kept playing it cool.