First Day of School

-beep beep beep beep beep be-

-clamp-

"Ugggggghhhh" Blaze complains. As she is forced to get up.

"Morning sleepy head!" Cream cheers.

"I will never understand how you're a morning person."

"Well I'm just different.... You should get ready now."

"Yeaaaah... in a minute."

"Blaze!"

"Fine. Fine. I'll get up."

"Good. Wouldn't want you missing the first day of school! Also you definitely wouldn't want to make mom mad."

"Fair enough."

Blaze got out of her bed and stretched. Hearing a nice crack. Cream glares at her.

"What?"

"You're disgusting."

"Are you still on me for cracking my back?"

"Yes! It's disgusting! The noise is terrible!"

Blaze just sticks her tongue out and leaves the room. Reaching the bathroom and brushing her teeth. Combining her hair and putting it in her braid. She doesn't like makeup, plus she has fur so she doesn't use it. She goes back to her and Cream's room. Cream has left. Blaze makes her bed and resets her alarm and puts on clean day clothes. Finally, she goes downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey Mom."

"Morning, Sweetie! Ready for school?"

"Not as much as Cream."

"You know, she just likes to be prepared, about a few times over. But that's who she is and she is very prepared. So I just let her do her thing."

"Sure. What's for breakfast?"

"Cereal."

"Oh."

"Yeah, my job is making me go a bit early. Make sure Cream is ready and gets out of the house at an acceptable time. The bus should be here at about 7:34. Good thing to get out at 7:30 just in case."

"Yeah, alright. Where is Cream? Speaking of her." Blaze asks.

"Checking."

"Right, what is she checking?"

"The usual, lights, doors, the toilet seat."

"This house is too big. Especially for her."

"... Fair enough."

"Hello!" Suddenly Cream Appears.

"Oh! Sweetheart! Um, I have to leave early for my job. Make sure you and Blaze make it on time. I will be leaving shortly."

"Hey! I can get us there on time."

"I know Blaze. Just making sure."

"Fine."

"Don't worry Mom! I'll get us there on time and early!" Cream says with a smile.

"Thank you two. Oh! I should leave now. Love you two!"

She gave Cream and Blaze a kiss on the cheek. Cream graciously accepts while Blaze fakes disgust.

"Bye you two. Have a good day!"

"Bye mom"

"Goodbye mom!"

Vanilla left. Leaving Blaze and Cream all alone. Blaze started to eat her food with Cream joining her a bit afterwards. Once they finish they wash and put the dishes on the drying rack. Blaze looks at the clock on the wall.

"Looks like we have about 20 minutes."

"What do we do till then?"

They paused for a second, thinking.

"I'm going to go check stuff again."

"You told us you would stop doing that so much."

"I'm just doing it to pass time! Plus it's never too safe."

"Fine. But only this once."

"...Okay..."

Cream goes to check and stuff. While Blaze just sighs to herself and checks her phone. She expects something to change. But as expected it doesn't. So she distracts herself with her thoughts instead:

'Did I brush my teeth?'

'Did I make my bed?'

'Did I put on makeup? Wait. I don't wear makeup. I don't even know how to use it!'
"Blaze, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking."

"Okay..."

They sat in silence. Blaze on her phone and Cream starts to sigh and make different sounds. Blaze looks up to her and eyes her. Cream stops. The other realizes her mistake and frowns.

"Sorry." Blaze apologizes.

"It's fine."

"Nope, I make you uncomfortable, you should be mad at me."

"I know you were just looking at me, I overreacted."

"Fine, but I'm sorry."

"Thank you."

They sit in suffocating silence.

"It's almost time to go."

"Yeah."

Cream hastily checks her bag. Blaze waits patiently. They put both of their bags on, leave and lock up the house. They walk to the end of their house. Now the silence is suffocating but they're outside! The silence continues only being broken up by the occasional passing car or bike.
Finally, after an eternity. The bus comes. They release and so does the bus. The get on and into their seats. They both sit in one seat. Cream on the outside, Blaze on the inside. The best place for the least social interaction for Blaze. She hates school. She hates that she spends so much time there. She hates the teachers and students she doesn't know. She hates that she hates it so much and she can't enjoy it. She hates school.
The bus is bumpy and rough. She knows that's not the bus driver's fault. It still sucks though. She wears a seatbelt. She, Cream and a few others are the only ones who wear them. She knows they get teased for it but she couldn't care less. Cream cares but only because she hates being teased. Blaze could care less, she spaces out too much to hear the insults anyways.

The bus ride is normal. Same as the last year and the last year and the last year and the last year. Monotony. Something she hates but something she refuses to escape. She hates herself for that. She hates being in this place. On this bus. In her boring monotonous life. A life she hates but can't get out of. She hates her life, sure, she enjoys some of it. Her Mom, Cream, and Marine are nice. But most of it is monotonous crap.

Marine doesn't ride the bus. She walks. Seems fine until you realize she does it to leave early. She hates being at her house. Can't blame her as her parents suck. She hates talking about it. The only reason Blaze ever met her was because they were both outcasts. Marine was an outcast because of her parents and boysterous nature, Blaze was an outcast because of her introverted and distant nature. She has other friends but theif outcasts just like her.

They finally arrive in town. The biggest town in their county. They go pass the countless street lights. They go through the countless streets. They go along the sidewalks with a billion other cars. She knows there aren't that many, but there's too many to count. No two days are truly the same with traffic. But that's the only difference to the monotony.