Chapter 1

!Trigger warning!
This book contains mentions of drinking, smoking, trauma, drunken abuse, alcoholism, nightmares and cursing. If any of these effect you please do not continue reading. Thank you and enjoy reading.

It was another day in the crappy apartment that the GORILLAZ band stayed in. The band could barely afford staying in the apartment anyway. They were soon to be kicked out or evicted. The sun was shining down through the small opening in the dark, closed curtains. Clouds of all sizes were scattered about the bright blue sky. A few birds sang their song as soon as the sun made its presence known. Cars whissing down the streets as people made their way to work.

2D shot up out of his restless slumber, breathing heavily as his breaths were inconsistent and shaky. Feeling as sweat ran down his forehead and back. His vision was blurry as he looked at his familiar surroundings, taking them in again. Everything was were he left it, that thought brought him peace. Looking around the room full of random junk, clumps of clothing that took up most of the flooring. The walls were bare, except a few posters, a standing mirror, a bedside table, the bed the singer slept in and a TV that stood ontop one drawer that didn't contain many pieces of clothing as they were spread across the wooden floor. 2D finally remembered why he woke up with shaky breathes and in a cold sweat, he had another nightmare.

These nightmares occured often, they happened almost every night. These occurring nightmares were mainly about Murdoc bursting into his room and beating the shit out of him. Everytime 2D dreamt, the same nightmare happened, Murdoc so intoxicated he could barely stand as he was filled with sexual tension from the girls he hit on and pure rage. 2D was petrified to sleep at night. Often nights he wouldn't sleep at all and bolt the door to his bedroom shut with the objects around the room. He did all this, just in case Murdoc decided to take his drunken anger out on him.

2D tried to brush away the feeling of his cold sweat and pure fear of Murdoc. This didn't really work though, he felt it linger with him as he slumped out of the pink sheets that wrapped around the old, danky mattress. Sluggly walking to the bathroom that connected to his bedroom and turning on the light, 2D got a good look at himself. Blue, spiky hair that was now matted from his restless sleep. Dark black holes for eyes, most of the time he could barely see out of them because they were filled with blood. When he smiled, you could distinctly tell that his two front teeth were missing. On his upper lip was a small, stouble of a mustache. He guessed he couldn't grow one but he did have a small amount of dark hair above his lips. His teeth were a light shade of yellow. His lanky, boney body was pale. His torso wasn't that long but his legs certainly were. You could see the bones in his arms and ribcage area. He closely studied himself. He didn't eat much, all because of Murdoc claiming the food in the fridge was his so 2D was forced to eat ice and plain, sometimes burnt, toast everyday. 2D sighed at the sight of him as he realized that he doesn't have much going for him.

Russel has got into fixing cars for people as a part time gig when he wasn't working on a new song with the band. Noodle was making paintings and selling them to the locales. And Murdoc... He's running the band, even though 2D was the lead singer. 2D always thought that since he was the lead singer he should be the one who runs the group. But after complaining to Murdoc multiple times, he gave up. 2D doesn't have anything going for him.

Shit.