Chapter 7

The steam wafted up into the air from my coffee, as I sat cross legged on the chair, patiently waiting for it to cool down.

Across from me, I watched Kane wake up, groaning and burying his head in his hands. Someone clearly had had a lot to drink last night. Then again, his moping would have to wait.

We still had business to discuss from last night.

Setting the coffee to the side, I slid out of the chair, grabbing the water bottle and pill with me and gave it to him, which surprisingly, he took without any hesitation or doubt.

Damn he really must trust me, or he's too hungover to care.

Before me, Kane was now fully sitting, his head laid back on the head board, still working through the alcohol in his system.

I sat on the bed before him, sarcastically clapping my hands right in front of his face and saying in a bright voice,"Wakey,wakey Kane, we have things to discuss."

"Azuraa," Kane groaned, shifting his head away from me and interlocking his fingers with mine, dragging them down and out of sight in a feeble attempt to avoid the conversation, "Can we not discuss this later."

I laughed cruelly, a smirk on my face, Kane's audacity was horrendously incredible, "No."

He groaned again, ripping his hands away from mine and holding them up in surrender, looking straight at me, eyes half dropping, "Fine. I'm sorry for what I did, it was bad, really bad, I promise it will not happen again and I will be more careful next time. I am sorry if I have caused any damage to the mission."

"Great. Thanks for the heartfelt apology," I rolled my eyes, "That's not what I'm here to tell you."

"Go on I'm listening."

"I'm going to be going outside from now on under the identit-"

"No."

"What? You haven't even let me complete-"

"Just no." Kane said sitting up, fully alert.

"Again, you haven't let me finish!"

"No, absolutely not! You're a liability we will ge—"

"Do want me to tell Demir about last night?"

"What?"

"Don't play dumb."

"You haven't told him?" his eyes widened in surprise.

"No. You owe me two debts now, one for not telling Demir and one for not killing your ass."

Kane sighed defeatedly, "Fine. What's your plan"

I smiled satisfactorily, "Well....I'll be going under the same identity the Zander have made; Shanaya Parekh, I will work at the same cafe as Cullen does, they recently had an opening for a waitressing job. I will also participate in underground fights at Johns, as part of my new identity."

"And why would you do that! How would you even do that without revealing your true identity?"

"We'll firstly, I'm not going to associate with you or come near you, until it becomes absolutely necessary, I am just another girl working in the cafe. Secondly, I have a brother (aka you) but he doesn't know I street fight because he would fear for me. Thirdly, I learnt how to fight at the farm we worked at, a fellow assassin taught me as they lived in the same quarters as me and I begged them to teach me, I then continued to pursue my skills at Johns and hopefully after learning my illegal secret he would tell me one of his, he may even think I could fight as a rebel."

Kane looked at me suspiciously, "This counts as one of your debts, you're getting too much power here, too much."

I laughed in disbelief, "Absolutely not! You had a week to come up with a plan of your own, with no interference from me whatsoever. It's not my fault that I made a better plan while you used up your time wasted away at a bar."

Kane growled in frustration, "Yeah, and what are you going to do about it!"

"I already have done something about it, now, quit acting like a baby."

"I'm not a baby."

"Listen, I still don't understand why you're so miserable about it, you can still follow him around, it's not like I'll be at his tail 24/7, you have as much of a chance to find something out about him as I do."

"Fine." Kane muttered reluctantly, "Do what you want, I'm going to sleep."

VOTE PLEASE