Chapter 6

The door was thrown shut and the figure turned, staggering their way to the right corner of the studio, groping for the light switch in one hand and supporting themselves against the walls with another. Something didn't seem right. Why would they send a person barely capable of walking right to raid the studio?

Either way if I had to act, it would have to be now. The darkness would give me the element of surprise, but the second that light was on, I would be spotted.

Slowly, I inched my way out of the corner I was in, my feet softly weaving their way over the creaky floorboards, not making so much as a patter.

Closer and closer to the guy who was now nearing the light.

Then, just as his hand went to switch on the light, I yanked him back, kicking his knees in, so they would crumble to the floor and grabbed his hands, tying them tightly with a rope I had acquired on the way. As I was tying the rope over his arms, I noticed that he was surprisingly muscular for a man who seemed to be unable to walk, even more surprisingly, he barely put up a fight; not even attempting to use his muscles to an advantage.

As soon as I was satisfied with my work, I took out a small, sleek knife from my pocket and slid it across his throat, letting a slither of blood drip across his neck, as he let out a gasp.

"OWWWW!" He groaned loudly, before I snatched a kitchen cloth from the shelf next to me and gagged him with it.

"Who are you?" I asked, making my voice as demanding and as ambiguous as I could.

All he made was muffling noises.

Ugh. I forgot how inconvenient hostages could be. Irritably, I yanked the gag away from the man, to let him speak.

"Whas the helll! What have youu done with Assura?" He slurred, swirling his head and bowing it down at every word as if it pained him to say it.

Wait a minute.

That voice sounded familiar; like Kane.

Shoving the gag back in, I re-adjusted the knife and swung him to face me.

It was definitely Kane.

Shit.

He seemed drugged, someone must have found out.

I could end him here? I could be head of assassins keep? I didn't need him, I could finish the mission by myself. The thoughts crossed my mind in a frenzy. Yet, amongst it all Demir's warning came back to me and reluctantly I took off Kane's gag, switching on the light and taking off my makeshift mask.

"Assuraa" he slurred again, "Did youu know sh-that a perzzon just tried to kidnaps me"

I sighed, kneeling down, to untie his hands, "Do you know who did this to you?"

"Nooo, I juss told you, someone tried to kidsnap me" he groaned, breathing into my face.

"Kane. Come closer for a second," I said, grabbing his shirt and pulling him closer towards me, "say someth-"

"Helloww Assura prinsess" he said lowly, chuckling to himself.

"What the fuck Kane!" I almost shouted at him,"You are on a mission, what the fuck was going through your head when you did this. You're drunk!"

" I knoo, it waz a misstake thoo, I waas spying on Cullen and thennn I went to talk to him and he offered me a drink ands thennn I took it, butt cann I tell you a zecret assura," he slurred, coming closer to me so that his face obscured everything else in the room.

"I've nevver drank beffore, and todayy I had 10 shotz and 2 beerss" he said proudly, holding up 5 fingers.

I sighed again, even more irritated than before, "Did you tell him anything?"

"Hmh...I'm not ssure"

"Kane. Think. Now" I said harshly, forcing him to look at me.

"Ummmm...I may have told him my zecretsss"

"What secrets"

"That I'm a virgin drinker," he whispered into my ear, "aandd I think you have reallly pr-"

"Kane. Stick to the topic." I gritted out,"did you say anything, and I mean anything about the mission"

"You have to listenn to my zecretss first thoo," he said defiantly, grabbing both my hands, in an effort to get my attention.

"Fine shoot. Tell me one, and I mean only one of your secrets" I demanded

"I think you are an eggsepsional assassin, soo you need to die," he said holding my gaze with his own whilst coming even closer to my face, till his was angled just beneath mine.

"I also really hate you." he whispered onto my lips.

I stared at him, infuriated beyond wits end. These were the secrets he wanted to tell me!

"That was two things Kane. And neither of them were secrets" I said rolling my eyes, dropping my hands that were enveloped in his and standing up straight. "Now, I'm asking one last time, did you or did you not reveal any information about this mission to Cullen."

Kane stared up at me, his gaze almost empty from any hatred he had been feeling before, "No." he said quietly, shaking his head slowly before dropping it back down to the floor again, where he kneeled.

I sighed in relief, "Good. I'm going to sleep, we will talk more of this in the morning." I paused, before turning around, almost feeling guilty for leaving him on the floor, "If you know what's best for you, you'll do the same. I'll leave some bread, water and a pain pill out on the counter for the morning, you look like you'll need it"

"Asura,"

"Yeah"

"Thanks for not killing me tonight," he said offering me a weak and sloppy smile.

I scoffed,"Thank Demir."

GUYS VOTE FOR THIS BOOK IF YOU LIKE IT, CAUSE I LOW-KEY WON'T  HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO CONTINUE IT OTHERWISE 💗