𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹

I sit back in my classroom tapping my pen on the table, I don't eat while at work. I spend my lunch doing work or else Diana comes to my classroom.

I have tests that I need to grade...a hell of a lot of them.

I put the paper and pen down sitting back, I need coffee. This day is just not going my way. The weather is absolutely shit and I almost fell going to my car this morning.

I've been getting attitude off of stuck up students half of the day, I get they have bad days but so do I. I'm here to teach and they are here to learn so why can't they just shut up and listen.

Some of my students are great, my favourites are the 'teachers pets'. They listen and they answer my questions, they don't annoy me. Some students think they are funny by pissing me off, they aren't.

My phone buzzes on my desk and I sit up reaching for it.

Diana
Are you busy??

Natalie
I'm not, why?

Diana
Can I come to your room??

Natalie
Leaving Charlie alone again?

Diana
He left for a dentist appointment, so I'm all alone

Natalie
So you're using me?

Diana
No!!! I'm just lonely. I always go to your room anyway :)

Natalie
Be careful.

I put my phone down before pulling open the drawer under my desk, I get out my folder and close the drawer.

I get a sticky note writing down sophomores before sticking it to one of the tests, I gather all of them fixing them before putting them into my folder then into my bag.

More work for me tonight...or on the weekend. They can wait for the results.

The door opens and Diana quickly comes in shutting the door, I point to the little shelf by the door that has just the key on it. She picks it up before locking the door. She turns around.

"Hi." She smiles walking towards me as I turn my chair towards her, my leg crossed over the other.

"Hello darling." I smile a little back, she leans down kissing me and I smile back at her. She pulls back before sitting onto my desk as she puts her bag down.

"How is your day going?" I ask her pushing my chair back into the desk.

"Fine, graduation talk all day."

"Really? Are you excited for graduation?"

"Yeah, Yale results are out today though." She kicks her legs.

"That's why you're nervous, is it? Thought it was me." I shrug opening my laptop and she smiles, tapping her fingers against the edge of the desk.

"It is you too, there's been a lump in my throat all day over this. It's really got me worked up." She huffs and I close my laptop again. I sit back looking at her.

"Why? Your application was great, you're a good student. If they don't take you then that's their loss, but you're going to get in." I tell her as I run my hand up her thigh and she nods looking down at the floor, I pick up my laptop moving it out of the way.

"What if I don't?"

"If you don't...you have other options, sometimes things don't go the way we want them too."