𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

-Diana's POV-

"Okay Charlie, I'm gonna be late! I'll see you in a minute!" I tell him buttoning up my white shirt that I have to wear for work, I don't always change in front of Charlie but it doesn't bother me either. We just carry on with our conversation.

I turn quickly almost running into his bedroom door, I open it quickly as I hear him shout a "bye" as I make my way down his stairs.

As I get into my car my phone buzzed in my jeans pocket, I take it out as I start my car quickly. It's Jane...?

Jane
Diana are we going to talk?

Diana
That depends.

I put my phone on silent as I start driving, not too fast but not as slow as usual. I'm going to be late.

I got my college applications out of the way finally. I applied for a few colleges, just incase I don't get into Yale. But Yale is the one I need to get in to. All my nights studying and hours spent with my head in books was to get into Yale. Ever since I was ten, I wanted to go there. I know...thinking about college at ten.

But I need to get in, it's in my plan for my life. For my future. If I don't—I will though, but that slight chance I won't...I don't know what I'm going to do.

Thinking about it now, will I be able to be a lawyer. What if I'm not a good one. Should I become one? What I'm not making the right decisions. What if—

I hear a loud horn and press my foot on the brake quickly stopping the car, my body moves forward quickly but the seat belt stops me. I grip the wheel as my breathing is heavy. Jesus.

I hear a beep behind me and I jump, I start driving again but pull over once I find a safe spot. I put my palms to my head and lean my elbows on the wheel. I don't want to be a lawyer, do i? I've wanted to be one since I was nine when mom told me she wanted to be one when she was younger. But I can't see myself as one anymore, it's in my plan though.

I lean back starting my car again, I don't know what to do. But for now, I have to go to work.

I get out of my car once I park, I lock it before quickly walking up to the bar and inside. I immediately spot Floyd, whom I haven't seen in a while. He spots me too and smiles as I walk closer behind the bar.

"Hey kid, it's been awhile." He puts the towel on his shoulder as he sets the dry glass on the counter. I smile a little back.

"Yeah it has been, how are you and the family?" I ask him.

"We're good, Bella's been asking about you though. She wanted to text to make sure you're okay now but didn't want to bother you. How's school going?" He walks past me over to a man sitting at the bar, the man tells him something. I wait till they finish and the man hands Floyd money. He moves past me again and I follow.

"I'm fine really, so is school. It's a little stressful trying to catch up and stuff."

"Ah, school. Those days weren't the best, how about college? Are you excited?" He picks up a glass as he makes a drink.

"Kind of, I did my applications yesterday but I'm a little worried I'm going in the wrong path."

"How'd you mean?"