𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

I get into my car shutting the door and drop my head on the steering wheel. I take out my phone and call Charlie putting it on loud speaker and put it down before starting my car.

"Hello." He says.

"She whispered in my ear then I embarrassed myself, I got too nosey then she didn't say anything else. I'm such an idiot-"

"Diana relax, what happened?"

"I asked was she divorced, then she said yes she's a single woman then I said good. I said good Charlie. That's so embarrassing." I groan.

"You're being dramatic, she probably was just a little shocked you actually said something back."

"No. She just got second hand embarrassment."

"Oh I give up. Kai just text me, I'm going to call you back later." Charlie says and I groan.

"Okay, thanks so much for the help." I reply sarcastically.

"No problem, love you."

"I love you too." I smile and he hangs up, I take a left towards janes house. She works till six on Wednesdays so I'll be able to go in and see Sadie.

I pull up to the house and Janes car isn't there so she's definitely at work. I park my car and grab my key that I still have. I go up unlocking the door, I open the door and walk inside.

"Sadie!" I call and I hear paws tapping quickly across the wooden floor. She runs down the stairs with her tongue hanging out of her mouth, she runs over jumping on me and I smile rubbing her.

"Hello girl." I scratch her head and she starts barking. I start walking upstairs and she follows, I go into my room and basically everything is still there. I hear the front door open. SHIT. I check the time, it's only five. She must have gotten out early today. Sadie starts barking and I hold my finger to my mouth.

"Shh." I whisper and run over to my window, if I jump there's a high chance I'll break both my legs. Sadie continues barking and runs out of my bedroom.

"Sadie what are you barking at?" I hear Jane comes up the stairs and my bedroom doors open. I need to hide, I mean maybe I'm being dramatic but I don't want to interact with Jane right now. I get down on the floor and slide under my bed. I hear footsteps and I close my hands into a fist, please don't come in.

"Diana, if you wanted to hide you should have hid in the closet." I hear Jane say and I get a fright and bump my head off my bed hard.

"Ow." I groan and slide out from under my bed and put my hand to the back of my head. My heads bleeding, I am so smart aren't i?

"What are you doing?" Jane asks.

"Nothing, I was just leaving." I stand up.

"Your bleeding."

"Really? I had no clue."

"Diana, I have a first aid kit downstairs come on." She says and I shake my head.

"It's fine-"

"Diana, seriously. I'm just trying to help." She looks at me and I sigh dropping my shoulders.

"Fine." I mumble and she smiles. We both walk downstairs to the kitchen and I sit down at the table,she walks over to the cupboard getting out her first aid kit. My head is pounding.

"How are you? I mean I saw you yesterday but how are you?" She asks coming over to the table.

"I'm good."

"You don't have to lie with me."

"I'm not."

"I've known you all your life, I can tell when you're lying." She presses something on my head and I hiss.

"Ow!"

"I'm cleaning it, I don't want it to get infected. You're so clumsy, one of these days you'll end up in a wheelchair."

I stop complaining and sit there thinking, this isn't the first time Janes helping me with a head bump. The day I moved in with her was after an incident with mom and I fell back and hit my head off the corner of the fireplace. When Jane took me away from mom she helped me with it. Jane has helped me with so many things and I'm treating her like a piece of dirt because she wants to be happy.

"I dumped him. Yesterday after we saw you, it's for the best anyway. I'm sorry Diana, it was a shitty move to even look at him in the first place but not talk to Lo." That's the first time janes brought up my moms name since she took me in. She always referred to her as my mom. Lo is my moms nickname, her names Lola and dads name is Kieran.

"I want you to be happy Jane, I really do. But it's just not something I can be happy about and I'm sorry for that-"

"It's not your fault."

She told me that too when she took me in. I feel like I'm fourteen again. Charlie knew what was going on, he's partly why Jane took me. He's the one that told her he thinks somethings going on at home. Charlie and me are very close, I wouldn't say we're like brother and sister because that'd be weird. We don't have a sister and brother Bond, I'd like to think Charlie's my soulmate. Platonic of course, everyone used to say we liked each other when we were younger. I've never thought of Charlie in that way.

I get up and turn around hugging Jane in a tight hug, I feel terrible. I've been acting like an asshole. I'm still not happy that her and my dad even had a thing but I never really heard her out and she's done basically everything for me.

"Does this mean you're coming home?" She hugs me back and I laugh.

"I'm sorry. But yes I'll come back." I lean back and she smiles.

"I have to go to Floyd's house and tell him and Bella I'm coming home."

"I don't know who they are but okay."

"No thank you seriously for letting me stay. It means a lot." I smile.

"It's no problem, we enjoyed the company. Happy early Halloween Diana." Bella says and I smile at her and Floyd.

"You too." I fix my bag and walk to my car. Theo wasn't there so I couldn't say goodbye.

A/n

This chapter is kind of boring so....hopefully I'll have another chapter by tomorrow. I have a few more chapters done but they need to be edited  and I need to change something!!! :)

Have a nice weekend!!!