𝘛𝘦𝘯

-Wednesday-

"So are you and Charlie still coming to Ciara's party this weekend?" Melody asks wrapping her arm around my shoulder as we walk down the hall towards the lockers and I nod.

"I think so, yeah. Have you seen Charlie actually?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"Nope, I thought he would be with you since you guys are usually attached at the hip." She smirks and I smile.

"I better go find him." I say and she unwraps her arm around my shoulder.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later Di." She smiles and I feel my face heating up, she called me Di oh my lord. I start smiling like an idiot and turning around nearly walking into someone. I apologise before going to find Charlie.

✺ ✺ ✺

In the last class me and Charlie sat at the back whispering.

"You'll never believe who I suspect is into guys." Charlie whispers to me with a surprised look on his face.

"Who?" I ask.

"Kai fucking Mccoy." Charlie says and my eyes widen and I look at him.

"No way."

"Yes way, he asked for my number in the bathroom. Yes the bathroom, he was being all flirty and smirky and then I done some digging and found out there was rumours of him sleeping with a guy last year. He's going to be at the party Friday so I'm going to talk to him." Charlie continues and I smile at him.

"You're a player Charlie, you've slept with most guys at this school. Including the 'straight' ones, it's concerning."

"Okay miss straight who is literally crushing on melody." He laughs.

"Charlie. Diana." Mr Bradford gives out and I smile awkwardly at him.

"I'm not crushing on her, she's just my friend." I whisper quietly and Charlie shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

"That's why she finger fucked you?" He says and I quickly look at him.

"What?"

"Di everything anyone does here gets spread around faster than covid for god sake." Charlie exaggerates and I frown.

"So everyone knows..." I feel my face heating up, first time even being touched by someone else and my whole school knows. How fantastic.

✺ ✺ ✺

"Can you help me in the library? The librarian is out and I need to sort some things out." Miss snow asks in detention while looking at her phone.

"Yeah of course." I stand up and the door opens, miss snow looks up and a tall, red headed woman in a black suit walks in. Miss snow says something that I couldn't catch, it's either gibberish or a different language?

"Natalie I swear to fucking god, I already told you I'm not signing those stupid papers. You know-"

"Olivia, do not come in here shouting at me. I am at work for god sake, get out of my classroom now." Miss Snow says and I just sit awkwardly and the woman looks over to me, she has bright blue eyes with red lipstick and tan skin.

"Wouldn't surprise me if that's the little slut you're sleeping with-"

"I swear to god, get out of the room before I make you get out. Don't think I won't because I'm sick of your fucking bullshit." Miss Snow looks at Olivia?

"You're threatening to hit me? I'm calling my l-"

"Call her. Tell her kiss my ass while she's at it. Now get out, I seriously mean it." She says and Olivia looks at her before rolling her eyes turning around.

"You'll hear from my lawyer." Olivia walks out of the room and Miss Snow lets out a big breath.

"Cant wait." She mumbles under her breath.

"Are you okay?" I ask finally speaking up.

"You ask that a lot Diana, I'm fine. I always am and I always will be." She smiles a very fake smile and turns.

"You can't always be fine...I mean you can but since you're going through divorce which I get from that whole...situation that it's quite messy. You look tired, tired and you have to teacher a lot of classes a day and stay for detention afterwards. You're stressed, you're tired and I'm guessing some other things but I don't take it that you're fine." I state and she turns back and looks at me.

"Can you not, not do anything? You can pick locks, debate, poetry, you get all good grades and you can play therapist. You surprise me." She crosses her arms leaning against the side of her desk.

"I thought you don't get surprised?" I smile and she she shakes her head and breaks a smile.

"You also have a great memory."

"One that holds a lot of grudges, including you stealing my book." I reply and she leans off the desk going over to her bag and looking through it, she pulls out 'lasting forever' and walks over to the desk putting it down while looking at me.

"You surprised me which is...surprising. Just take it, it's not as good as you made it out to be." She winks and and turns back around and I stare at the book on the desk in front of me. It's like finding gold.

"Seriously? You're just giving it to me?" I ask confused, she could have just gave it to me at the bookstore.

"I think what you're trying to say is 'thank you' in two seconds I could take it back, be grateful." She looks at me over her shoulder.

"Now can you help me in the library?" She adds and I quickly nod standing up. I feel my face heating again but I don't know why.