𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

-Monday-

I sit in the kitchen eating breakfast with Jane, she came back really late last night and went straight to bed.

"So what did you get up to this weekend?" Jane asks me.

"I-Um- you know just teenage things." I laugh awkwardly scratching the side of my head.

"Really?" She looks at me and I swallow and nod.

"What about you? How was the business trip?" I smile and she shrugs and shifts, she's nervous now...We both have secrets...

"You know...Business things." She plays with her mug and I look at her suspiciously.

"Hm."

"What's with the look?" She asks.

"What are you hiding Jane?" I cross my arms.

"W-why-What would I be hiding?" She sits up, yeah she's definitely hiding something.

"I don't know, but I will find out." I stand up grabbing my keys and bag.

"You won't find anything, enjoy detention!" Jane calls after me and I laugh shutting the door.

✺ ✺ ✺

Before class starts I quickly walk to miss snows classroom knocking on the door.

"Come in." I hear her say and I open the door, she was standing at her desk with her glasses on her forehead. She was shifting around some papers. She looks to me and then crosses her arms. I walk over to her desk putting my bag down unzipping it and taking out her heels handing them to her.

"Thank you Diana." She smiles slightly and I nod.

"I hope the hangover wasn't too bad." I laugh zipping my bag up.

"Oh trust me it was worse." She groans rolling her eyes.

"Stay young, don't get drunk." She adds and I smile.

"Noted." I say and she smiles looking at me.

"Again i'm sorry for Friday night, it was mortifying." She laughs taking her glasses off of her head.

"It's fine really, I won't tell anyone that I drove my drunk teacher home. I'm good at keeping secrets." I fix my bag and her eyebrow raises slightly. Oh...yeah that didn't sound right.

"Really?" She smirks. The bell goes and her smirk drops and she looks away.

✺ ✺ ✺

Me and Charlie walk into English class and Melody who I haven't talked to since Friday is waving at me.

"Diana, sit with me." She says and I look to Charlie and he winks.

"Go get her tiger." He bumps my side and I huff and walk over sitting next to melody.

"Sorry I left straight after...you know." Melody smiles and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"...I-you-It's fine." I stutter and she nods.

"We should totally hang out again maybe-"

"Melody please discuss whatever you're discussing after my class. Now. Today we are going to be doing debating, I'm guessing you have done this already so you've all got the gist of it." Miss Snow says. She looks around then walks over to the board picking up a marker.

"The topic you will be doing is...Same sex marriage should not be legal. I know this is an easy topic and we will be doing debating once a month or two, the topics will get harder as we go on. You can research for thirty minutes then you will come up and debate. You are all on tables of two so...We will do two against two, Josh and Cayden against Melody and Diana. Josh you and cayden will come up with reasons why it shouldn't be legal and melody and Diana you will research why it should be, understood?" Miss Snow says and everyone starts talking and I grab my notebook from my bag.

"You can research and I'll talk, okay?" Melody says and I nod.

"Okay." I shrug, so I do all the work and she gets all the credit. Okay...

A little later miss snow claps her hands and I put down my pen and look up.

"Okay melody and josh your groups are first." Miss Snow says and we stand up walking up to the top of the room.

"Josh you go first." Miss snow adds and he nods.

"Okay....Well we said in the bible it says homosexuality is wrong and-"

"The bible? Not everyone agrees with the bible or believes in god." I interrupt Josh and he looks up at me from his page.

"Not everyone agrees with homosexuality, it's banned in some countries...." Oh please. This is too easy.

"I know that but I suppose you can name these countries? Not everyone will agree on something. That doesn't mean people shouldn't have the right to love and marry whoever they want." I shrug crossing my arms.

"Yeah well...." Cayden speaks up and stops before looking to Josh. Seriously?

"Josh, Cayden sit down. You girls stay up here, does someone else want to go against them. Maybe someone that has actual work done please." Miss snow says and Cayden and Josh start arguing as they go back to their seats. Ciara and Penelope put up their hands and miss snow nods them up.

"Me and Penelope strongly believe that same sex marriage shouldn't be legal because it's-"

"It's just a fact that men should marry women and women should marry men." Kayla says. Class is nearly over now and me and melody, well mostly me if I'll be honest have beaten everyone so far.

"A bigger fact is that we're all human, we all should be able to love who we want and not who people expect or want us to. Everyone should be treated equally and have equal rights no matter who they are or who they love." I cross my arms and miss snow smiles.

"Kayla, Megan sit down." Miss snow announces, I look to melody and she smiles widely at me.

"Well done Diana....and melody, you managed to beat everyone in the class. Next time I'd appreciate if everyone in this room would at least try. There was only about two groups except Diana and melody that actually tried." Miss snow crosses her arms looking around at everyone.

✺ ✺ ✺

I walk into detention talking a seat at the front desk and miss snow was standing at her desk typing on her phone looking annoyed.

"Give me a second." She huff rubbing her temple and walking out of the room closing the door.

Okay.