Knocking on the door, she entered Zyler's office. He was at his desk acting cool as if he hadn't been all over her just now. He didn't raise his head, and his eyes were glued to the file he was pretending to work on. She cleared her throat to grab his attention. He lifted his head, a nonchalant expression as if he hadn't just shared a heated kiss with her moments ago. "Took you long enough to grab that file," his tone neutral.

Autumn's heart raced as she tried to compose herself. The memory of her stalker's lips on hers was still fresh in her mind. "I-I'm sorry, sir. I got lost," she stammered, her eyes darting nervously around the room.

Zyler raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "Lost? In the records room? That's a first."

Autumn swallowed hard, feeling like she was walking on thin ice. "I must have taken a wrong turn while coming back," she offered weakly. She had no mental capacity to indulge in any discussion he was throwing at her.

Zyler leaned his body onto the chair, his eyes locking onto hers. "You know, Autumn, I can't help but feel like there's something you're not telling me," he growled, his voice low and dangerous. His eyes moved to the spot where his mark resided. A knowing grin colored his handsome face. He made sure to bite her hard so that the hickey would develop over the next few weeks, red and raging. He also knew it would take a week or two to fade. No matter the amount of shit she puts on her skin, it will never be enough to cover it.

He sat in his chair, watching Autumn as she stood before him, her body tense and eyes wide with fear. He could practically feel her heart pounding in her chest, which gave him a thrill. "So, Autumn, tell me," he quipped, his voice smooth and low. "Did something... interesting happen in the records room?" her shocked eyes made him correct his statement, "I mean, it took you long to find one file," his eyes turned darker.

Autumn shook her head, her eyes darting nervously around the room. "N-no, sir. Everything was fine." She was shaken to the core, but her boss didn't need to know about that. If he did, it would only portray her as weak, and Autumn hated feeling helpless.

Zyler leaned back in his chair, a sly smile spreading across his lips. "Are you sure about that? You seem awfully... tense." Her trembling body satisfied his inner demons. He will be trembling, and he will make sure of it.

Autumn bit her lip, her hands fidgeting nervously at her sides. "I'm just... tired, sir. That's all."

Zyler chuckled softly, his eyes gleaming with an eerie spark. "Is that so? Well, I hope you get some rest tonight. You never know what dangers might lurk in the dark," knowing very well that the danger lurking in the dark is him, and no creature of the night compares to his wickedness and devilish airs.

Autumn's eyes widened, and she stepped back, her fear palpable. She didn't know what even to say. "If there is anything you need help with, you be sure to tell me, okay?" it brought him great joy to say that. He loved playing this game with her.

"I will, sir," she nodded, wanting to escape that suffocating place.

"Well, I hope to take care of you, and I hope you will come to me if there is trouble," he winked, but Autumn failed to grasp it. "You can go back to your desk. Jennifer will tell you what you should do," he returned to his work. Autumn grabbed her bag and turned the door, and his gaze immediately latched onto her retreating figure. Smirking, he relaxed. His scared kitten was really making him feel powerful. How perfect is this? He can torture her all he wants, and she can do nothing about it.

Leaning back, he memorized the kiss. The memory of the taste lingered in his mind like a sweet and tangy melody, like the first bite of a freshly baked blueberry muffin that melts in your mouth. It was a flavor he couldn't forget, a taste that made him crave more of her. Every time he thought of her, his mouth watered, and the scent of blueberries filled his nostrils, reminding him of that stolen moment in the darkroom.