Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle

Start from the beginning

"Who are you two?" she asked. "Are you guys my dad's new research assistants?"

"We are," Trinity said with a smile. "I'm Trinity, a Pokemon Trainer."

Chloe's curious but cautious face slowly spread with an easy smile. "Oh, that explains it. I'm Chloe, nice to meet you two." Chloe gave me a once over and frowned. "You look familiar."

"The name's Vali," I said nonchalantly, motioning to Eevee. "And this is my partner Eevee."

Chloe looked at me and Eevee incredulously, then she settled her gaze back at me and glared. "It's you! You're that asshole that's all over social media who has harassed and blackmailed multiple girls! You're that delinquent who has hospitalized hundreds of people! What the hell are you doing here?! Why did my dad allow you to become a research assistant?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Ah shit, here we go again."

Chloe gave Trinity a wide-eyed look, as if realizing something. "You're one of those girls, right? He's blackmailing you!"

Trinity looked at Chloe awkwardly. "No, he never did anything like that. Listen, the guy blaming him for that is my brother. He hates Vali and wants to ruin his life."

Chloe gasped and glared at me. "So you blackmailed that guy's sister?" she shook her head furiously. "How can an Eevee be her partner?" she turned to Eevee and said soothingly, "You have to get away from him. He's only using you."

My Eevee gave Chloe's Eevee a sad look and then growled at Chloe. I smirked.

"There's your answer."

"Chloe, stop," Trinity said, being the voice of reason. "He isn't who you think he is."

"Then why is it everywhere?" Chloe asked. "The entire world agrees! He's nothing but trouble, I don't know why you're traveling with him."

"Yamp! Yamp!" a Pokemon ran at us and began to bark at me.

I recognized it as a Yamper. It was yellow, brown, and dog-like. It barked at me with hate-filled eyes. Then it leapt at me and tried to bit me.

"Vee!" Eevee came to my rescue and smacked it with her tail so hard that it literally was thrown out the window, breaking it.

Trinity and Chloe gasped. Eevee looked around innocently.

I was trying not to laugh, smiling sheepishly. "God, I fucking love you Eevee," I snickered.