5

2 weeks till graduation

My alarm blared, causing me to jolt up from my bed. I groaned and rubbed my eyes while looking for my phone. I looked at my messages and started to read some I haven't seen yet.

Tori

Text Message

Yesterday, 11:37 PM

I had fun that day we skipped btw

thanks for putting up w Diego and me

ngl wish João was there with u 😏

Today, 6:30 AM

Literally same

I'm telling you if he doesn't do anything by the time school ends, I will

~

Being mostly honest with Victoria, I  put my phone down, sighing. I stumbled to my bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I opened my closet and put on an outfit. I brushed my hair, straightened it, and put on some light makeup. 

I walked downstairs to my kitchen, and I found a note lying on my counter.

"Meeting went well, I'm in Spain till Friday. Sorry for the late notice." -mãe

great.

I looked in the cupboards and fridge, and I saw an insufficient amount of food. My stomach rumbled, and I rested my head on the cabinets in frustration. I checked the time, and just decided to wait for João to pick me up and I would just make it till lunch. I grabbed my bag and went on my phone for a bit until I heard a familiar honk.

I walked outside and locked up my house. I opened João's car door to see him on his phone, calling someone. As I sat down, I looked to my left and João smiled at me, still on his phone. He had AirPods in, so I couldn't hear his conversation, but he still continued to drive. I was on my phone for most of the way until he hung up and turned off his phone.

"How are you?"

"I'm good, my Mom just left for Spain for a couple of days though."

"I see." He spoke making a right turn, "So where are you going to stay?" He continued.

"I guess Victoria's house, or I'll stay home."

"You know, My parents won't care if you stay at mine." He smiled, "They like you."

"No, It's okay, you don't need to do that."

My stomach rumbled. Loud. I scrunched my eyes together, to try and hide from the embarrassment, hoping João didn't hear it.

"You hungry?" He smiled, looking over at me.

"Yeah, Kinda. My Mom left me with no food."

"Hey, don't worry, I'll get you food right now, and after school, I'll get groceries with you."

"Thank you so much, João."

"Don't even mention anything." He replied.

𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞~𝐉𝐨ã𝐨 𝐅é𝐥𝐢𝐱जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें