59.

Harry

7 AM.

11 weeks.

Waking up on a Saturday morning in the summertime always made me feel nostalgic. Something about the warmth of the light that came through the windows exasperated a level of drive in me—almost like I wanted to start my day as soon as I saw the sun rising.

The past few weeks had felt like a whirlwind of emotion in the most challenging but rewarding ways.

Daisy's morning sickness had been so brutal in the past few weeks. She tried very hard to hide it, push it away, but ultimately, she was downright miserable. After a few days in bed, Phoebe had convinced her to go to the doctors to get medication to help curve the nausea that had started to last practically all day. I could tell that there were times when she desperately tried to hide it from the kids but knowing that she felt off only made me feel off.

Thankfully, that was the worst of it.

The medication seemed to help her, which meant that she was able to get a bit more sleep—neither of us minded that, of course. Being up in the morning with her wasn't a chore; I wanted to be there for her in any way that she needed me. However, now that both of us were getting a bit more sleep, we were definitely more tolerable to be around.

I felt that this may have been a wake-up call that not only were we having to deal with this through the day, but that our lives were ultimately about to change with the welcoming of the little one.

I sat most nights and thought about it. I thought about the change of this baby and what it would bring to us.

I knew our relationship could blossom from a baby but could also very easily end in complete embers. I ached at the thought of what we didn't know.

But when I turned over in the bed after our lights went out, I stared at her in the darkness of the room. The pout of her lip slightly open, her dark eyelashes coated the top of her cheek.

I was so in love with her, I couldn't help it.

When I woke up this morning, she was facing away from me. The more movements from her meant that she wasn't fully asleep anymore, and my hand reached out to caress the white t-shirt that sat between her skin and mine.

"How are you feeling this morning?" My voice echoed in the quietness of the room, our bed creaking at the way that my body moved closer to her on the mattress.

Our window stayed open last night to give us a bit of cross-breeze, and the smell of the beach intensified into our softly lit room.

"A bit nauseous, but okay," Daisy's words were spoken out towards the other side of the room as she wasn't facing me, but towards the window itself. The words were filled with sleep as she didn't sound completely awake.

My arm wrapped tightly around her ribs as I moved my nose to nuzzle into the back of her neck. The sweet smell of hibiscus and orange intensified as I nudged my nose deeper into her hair.

It was her.

It was an early morning in the dead of summer; our bodies stuck together with the small sheen of sweat that perforated our skin. The linen sheets weren't helping too much, even when I thought they'd keep us cooler. The blankets laid at our knees, our bodies not bothering to be covered at all.

Daisy's body moved against me gently, elbows nudging into me as her torso flipped, and she moved onto her back. I watched her arms lift upwards in a stretch as the lower portion of her t-shirt moved up just enough to reveal the lower swell of her belly.