2.

Daisy

"Hey, my name's Harry. Gonna take care of you ladies this evening. What are we drinking tonight?"

When the man speaks, it's deep and comforting and sounds laced with nonchalance of the salty Malibu air we were breathing. I'm taken aback when I look up at him, our eyes meeting for just a moment before I can tell he pulls away. We stared at each other far too long and we both noticed.

I had noticed that he was staring at me before he approached our table, but I was just under the impression that it may have been because he was on his way over here. Nothing to do with me, in particular.

"What would you recommend, Harry?" Cara rests her head on her hand as she has the same expression on our faces that we all probably had. She's staring at him dotingly, admiring the sweet dimples that cratered his face after he realizes that a small group of women are batting their eyelashes heavily just based on his voice and appearance.

A few horny broads, it seemed.

This is supposed to be a girl's night, and it is starting off quite well for all of us involved at this table. A waiter that looks like that is just as refreshing as the warm sea breeze coming off of the water as it hits the rocks below us.

I notice that he places the pencil behind his ear as he crosses his arms over his chest in thought of Cara's question.

"Depends on what the night holds," I can feel his attention stay on me for a few extra moments, my eyes wrapping themselves around my friends and sister before giving him a bit of a smile. "Are we looking for a good night?" He holds the small notepad in his hand before the dimple is accentuated deeper in his smile, causing me to blush when our eyes meet again.

It doesn't feel like it's a coincidence anymore. We're trying to look at each other without the other noticing.

"Oh, Harry, we're here to get our Daisy girl wasted," My sister, Phoebe, mentions before I quickly turn my head to her in sudden embarrassment at her request. "It's her twenty-first birthday, and we think she deserves to not only be kissing strangers tonight, but also drinking the most delicious cocktails. What's your recommendation for our Daisy, Harry? At first glance?"

I feel a pit in my stomach drop as I know that my face is bright red, I notice that Harry's cheeks start to match mine as he starts to tilt his head to stare at the menus in front of us. He seems a bit taken aback by the questions of the women around, but seemingly confident at the same time.

"Uh, well, I can– do you know what you like?" His question is directed at me for the first time, and I find it hard to concentrate on an answer for him.

I stare at the menu to take in the words in front of me. There's a lot of specialty cocktails on the slim menu, and I feel a few pairs of eyes on me. I only really recognize a margarita, but that doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy. Alcohol wasn't really for me, I hadn't actively engaged in these kind of activities with my friends before, so it became a bit aggravating to know that I was on the spot for a moment, looking rather stupid.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'll get you something made. Daisy, right? Your name?" I nod before he's reaching out across the table a bit. "Gonna have to see some ID. Protocol and all that."

I reach in my small bag, grabbing my newly issued California license before handing it over to him with a tight-lipped smile. He graces his eyes over it, bending it a few times before smiling.

"Cute picture... Daisy Miller," He smirks at me as he hands back the ID, eyes dancing with a bit of eagerness and light. "Anyone else want anything?"

Phoebe orders a Mai Tai, Cara asks for a gin and tonic, and Lace says she'll stick with a grapefruit crush before Harry finishes scribbling on the pad, asking for any specific liquor requests in each. At first, I don't recognized his question, but the girls answer for me. Being poor college students, rail liquor will have to do.