Ch. 27 A Little Help

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
The plan today is simple. Lily wants to continue the painting we started yesterday. Even though it's a small canvas, this will still take a few hours. Ratchet wants to do another health exam in the afternoon before Lily returns to school. The nightmares have stopped, but I'd prefer she uses sleep aid to be on the safe side.
You will not tell her today? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
I am still determining when I should or if I should. I don't like how Drift won't tell me if he sees Lily likes me again. She knows my psychopath side. Need I say more?
Are you sure she knows?
Killing her captive is all the proof she needs

I watch Lily get interested in Audrey once Jasmine and Ratchet sit at a table. She goes to their table and, within seconds, holds Audrey, and the ten-month-old is occupied with a toy.
"I wonder if she's looking to babysit?" Sideswipe questions.
"Ryley is here, but Lily might spend the day with them," Drift replies.
Is it just me, or does she have a look that says, 'one day I'll be a mom'? Sideswipe asks.
And? I doubt it'll be with me. I don't want sparklings, even with a Cybertronian femme.

Lily's P.O.V.
Audrey is a cute baby, but I didn't think I'd be holding her thinking one day I'll have a baby with Sunstreaker. That's years in the future if we're still together, and he wants a baby. I know he's a psychopath, and I should consider myself lucky he's not looking to kill me. I feel more confused and anxious while feeling safe with him. Maybe it's the next step? I don't know. I know it's odd to think about the future while afraid to tell Sunstreaker how I feel.

Audrey has had enough of being held. Once Jasmine takes her, I return to the table with the others. Thinking about when I should talk to Sunstreaker.
"Lily, are you ok?" I hear Sunstreaker as I feel dizzy. I feel him laying me in his arms, "Lily? Scrap, Ratchet!"
That's the last thing I hear before everything goes dark.

Ratchet's P.O.V.
Even if this is something mental causing Lily to pass out, this is concerning. I still scan for brain abnormalities, which is quick in my bipedal form. Still, Lily should have woken up by now.
"Check her vitals when she wakes up, but keep her in bed," I instruct Jasmine and leave the exam room.
"What did you do aft?" I yell at Sunstreaker once my holoform is activated. 
"I noticed she wasn't looking good, and I ensured she safely passed out!"
"Which happened seconds after returning to the table from holding Audrey," Drift adds, "she's thinking about something causing a lot of anxiety."
"And I thought she was doing better," Sunstreaker sighs and leaves my office.
"I can't believe you, out of all bots lied," I comment to Drift. He knows exactly what Lily is thinking.
"That's because I told him to," Rung admits, "we've seen how Lily slowly likes Sunstreaker again, and I suspect Sunstreaker is falling for her. They should talk to each other, with none of us having to start the conversation, but I failed to realize how much anxiety this would cause."
This is complicated; I see why they want Lily and Sunstreaker to talk to each other without anyone starting the conversation.

"I think a low-dose medication for anxiety can help," Jasmine suggests, "Lily is awake and fine."
There is an anti-anxiety medication that helps with sleep, and I can only hope it's enough to help Lily sleep.
"So, how much should we intervene?" Rung asks, "I'd rather those two chose to talk, but they're both afraid to. Which is strange to see from Sunstreaker."
"A certain mech is in love," I point out, "I know; keep it a secret."
Since Lily is here, I will do her health exam and discuss putting her on anxiety medication.

Lily is worried as I walk into the room. I told her I wanted to do another health check, but She's likely thinking that she passed out is bad news. I tell her that her passing out isn't normal, but I found nothing concerning. I then have to explain how my bipedal form has a scan that's quick and just as efficient as a C.T. or M.R.I. scan.

After Lily's health exam, I contact her parents to tell them what I want to do. I can leave out how she passed out, but not that we think Lily is falling for Sunstreaker, and I want to put her on anti-anxiety medication.
"... We told Luke that we are concerned, but we don't want to discourage Lily," Lexie explains, "though we've been informed about Sunstreaker, and that's concerning."
"Would you believe me if I said Sunstreaker is trying to be her friend?" I ask, "but I must tell you he will not change completely. He might never rage out at Lily, but she will not be safe from knowing that he kills."
"We know," Lexie sighs, "It's one fact that has me ready to tell Lily no, but I trust she'll be safe."
This needs to be clarified. Sure, Crosshairs, Drift, Sideswipe, and occasionally Lightning are with the two; but it's still a risk. What's the point of letting Lily and Sunstreaker be together if they must have an Autobot with them? We'll have to talk about that later. As for now, Lily and Sunstreaker and slowly becoming friends. With that, I tell Lexie about the medication I want to put Lily on and that she's cleared to return to school.
For now, I have Lily taking anti-anxiety medication twice a day. The plan is for a few months. She shouldn't be on medication for long, as this seems to be situational anxiety. I encourage her to talk to Sunstreaker alone as that'll be better for both of them.
"I don't think he'll be mad," I assure her. This is the best I can do. I want Sunstreaker to tell her how he feels, and hearing him say it'll mean a lot more. Seeing Lily's face turn red is funny, "it's not just Rung who can tell what patients are feeling without being told. Though we would rather patients tell us. You talk to him when you're ready."
With that, I let Lily leave.

"Ok, I've done my part, Rung," I tell the psychiatrist, "hopefully now these two will stop avoiding the conversation they want to have."
"Are we dreaming, Ratchet?" Rung asks, "the Autobot is Sunstreaker."
"Maybe this is what he needs to do better, but we know a complete change will not happen."
I inform Rung of the medication I have Lily on and fill out the paper for her visit. Hopefully, Lily's day will be better than this morning.