He slumped beside Kushi who was a crying mess then.....

Kushi leaned on him clutching his shirt - Arnav ji..... Papa.....

Arnav - Nothing would've happened. Uncle would be alright. You first get up.....

They both stood up and walked passing all the ambulance and ward boys who was walking to and fro carrying the injured persons in their stretcher.

They both with great difficulty dragged themselves and searched Indraneel. But he was nowhere to be found.

After few minutes they both stood rooted to their spot when they saw Indraneel was taken towards the ambulance injured.

Kushi ran to him crying - Papa......

Even before she touch him the ward boys stopped her and told her that he is in very dangerous situation and needs immediate treatment.

Arnav held Kushi and followed them to the hospital where Indraneel was taken. They started his treatment immediately.

Kushi and Arnav on the other side sat on the chair like a corpse who had nothing to do in this world. Not able to digest the fact that their father has been injured to death they sat numb not realising their surroundings.

They still couldn't believe that Indraneel had went through all this...... Just few hours before he send them off to shopping with a smile in his face. And just in a matter of few hours their whole life turned upside down.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes changed into hours but there was no news of him.

After few hours a Doctor came near Arnav and Kushi and called them.

They stood up with a bated breath expecting him to say that Indraneel was all ok but.....

Doctor - I am sorry to say gentleman. Mr Sengupta is counting his last few minutes. He has been deeply injured and we couldn't do anything to save him. 

Kushi fell on the chair numb while Arnav felt his heart sank deep down in shock.

Doctor - Go and meet him once.

Kushi covered her mouth and cried her heart out. Arnav gulped the lump formed in his throat. Doctor patted his shoulder and went away to attend other patients.

Arnav looked at Kushi who was broken beyond anything and glanced at the room where Indraneel has been admitted.

Arnav held Kushi's hands making her look at him.

Arnav - Let's go inside Kushi.....

Kushi nodded NO and hugged him crying. Arnav hugged her back and wiped his tears.

Arnav - Let's go and meet him Kushi.....

She cried pouting like a small child and Arnav knew he can do nothing. Slowly he held her shivering form and dragged her inside.

She started crying loud seeing her father lying on the bed injured. His face was injured and he had burnt marks all over his arms and neck.

Kushi - Papa.....

Indraneel opened his heavy eyelids and saw Kushi and Arnav. He smiled extending his hands towards them.

They both moved to him and kushi sat beside him and held his hands. They sat silently not knowing how to turn the time back and keep him safe from this terrible incident.

Kushi - Papa....

Indraneel gulped and talked slowly - It's alright Kushi.

Kushi - Nothing is alright. Papa you get up and come. Let's go home. I don't like it here......

Indraneel smiled but said nothing.

He looked at Arnav and blinked his eyes asking him to come near. Arnav walked to him and sat on the other side.

Indraneel - Kushi..... Wait outside beta.

Kushi shook her head - I'll not go anywhere.

Indraneel gulped not able to speak - Kushi, it's really very important.

Kushi stood up and went out leaving them both alone.

Indraneel held Arnav's hands - Arnav.....

Arnav looked away not able to look his eyes.

Indraneel - Arnav.....

Arnav held his hands and cried - Uncle..... Come back for us uncle.

Indraneel - Stop crying Arnav. You have to be strong. Other than me, kushi has no one in this world. Keep her with you safe. Iam leaving only in the trust that you will be there for my daughter always. You will stand up to my expectations right ?

Arnav nodded his head - I will keep her safe all my life Uncle.

Indraneel - She loves you very much.....

Arnav - I too love her.....

Indraneel - Stay strong for my Daughter. You are the only person she will be having after me. If one day you found your family tell them my regards and tell them that I was so proud of you. I knew with time your family will start loving her, afterall she is my Daughter and nobody can escape from her charm...... ( He smiled sadly )

Arnav - Uncle.....

Indraneel - Call Kushi....

Arnav stood up and called Kushi inside who came and sat beside him again.

Indraneel - Kushi....

Kushi - Papa....

Indraneel - I wanted to see you as a best designer. Work hard and get a good name. Remember one thing, Papa is so proud of you. Stay blessed and let God shower you with my share of happiness too.

Kushi leaned on him and hugged him - I will make you proud papa. I will do whatever you want me to. Please don't go.

Arnav - Uncle, you and Kushi are my world. Don't go leaving us.....

Indraneel - Take care of my Daughter.....

He whispered in a low tone and the monitors beside him made a beep sound indicating that his breath stopped.

Arnav and Kushi sat still looking at him who inturn slept forever with his eyes opened.

Kushi shook him - Papa.... Papa..... Papa get up.

She cried out loud as she saw her father like that. She never even imagined that she would come across such a day in her life. Her father was her everything and seeing him in this situation pained her being.

Kushi - Papa, you can't do this to me.

Arnav on the other hand sat immovable in his place and looked at Indraneel as if he has seen a ghost. The Man who showered him with love and respect all along is no more...... The Man who gave him a new life has faced the end of his life today and he could do nothing about that..... He was shocked, Numb and shivered looking at his lifeless Uncle gone forever.....