do a little harm

station 19 // s2 e5 // do a little harm

"Showers with you in the morning might just be my favorite thing." Emma admitted, leaving a trail of kisses down Maya's neck.

"Mm." Maya moaned lightly at the surgeon's delicate touch. "Mine too."

Without much warning, Andy burst into the bathroom, causing Emma, instinctively, to duck down, out of sight from where Andy was.

"I need advice." Andy announced, spitting out toothpaste into Maya's sink.

"Um, hi, good morning." Maya responded, trying her hardest not to sound disappointed, especially because she was losing time with her girlfriend as they spoke.

"Thanks. So, Ryan will be at the station today for that annual life-saving training we do with PD. That's today, right?"

"I don't know. I haven't thought about it. I'm literally mid shampoo." Maya tried her best to hint at the fact that she wanted her best friend to leave her bathroom.

"Well, Ryan and I agreed we needed to talk, but then Handsome Brad called, and I started talking to him when I don't even care about Handsome Brad." Andy continued to explain as she used Maya's brush to put her hair up.

"But you care about Ryan." Maya now entertained the idea, smirking at her friend.

"He broke things off." Andy reminded her roommate, lifting herself up onto the bathroom counter. "He stopped talking to me. But yeah, I kind of hate how much I care about him. And his dad's here. I know their history. I should check in about that, right? Or no. I'm not even his girlfriend. You're way better at this kind of stuff. Advice?"

"Maybe Ryan needs a little space...alone, to process everything in the comfort of his own bathroom long enough to rinse the conditioner out of his hair before getting bombarded with Herrera problems."

Andy smirked. "It's not like you're alone." Both women on the other end of the glass knew they'd been caught. "Hi, Emma." Emma cringed as she'd heard her name.

"Hey, Andy." She responded awkwardly, wanting more than ever for the interaction to end.

"I assume now you need a few more minutes for conditioner and then you'll answer my questions?"

"Go!" Andy closed the door behind her, the cardio surgeon finally feeling in the right position to get up once more. Both women let out a small chuckle, but then stood there under the water in silence for another moment.

"Have you talked to your dad yet?" Emma hesitated momentarily before slamming her lips into Maya's. She'd wanted that conversation to go quicker than Maya and Andy's had.

XXX

"We have a rule!" Maya reminded her girlfriend as the two, now fully clothed, stormed into the kitchen to get themselves ready for work. "No using sex to stop an argument."

"We also have a rule not to start an argument during sex." Emma retorted, packing her computer into her bag.

"We weren't having sex." Maya disagreed. "Andy was in there-" Andy, who just so happened to be in the room, cut her friend off quickly.

"Please leave me out of your fight." She pleaded. "Maya, we gotta get going."

Maya sighed, wanting to have finished this conversation now instead of later. "I'll talk to you later." She kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. "Bye."

"Bye."

XXX

"Word of advice, you may wanna give Sullivan a little extra space, as in all the space. He's in a mood." Travis warned Andy and Maya as the three, along with Vic, had met just outside the turnout room.