under the surface

"Okay, Maya, serious talk." Andy said sternly, sitting down on, the recently conscious, Maya's bed.

"Why are you here?"

"Because my dating life is sad and I need something to hold on to."

Maya knew that Andy wasn't leaving until she got what she wanted, prompting the blonde to sit up. "What do you want?"

"You asked Emma out six weeks ago and you two still haven't gone out yet. Or put a date down. She comes here, you sleep together, and then she leaves."

"Why do you care about my love life?"

"Like I said-I need something to hold on to. I decided that was your love life." Andy shrugged casually as Maya jolted her body back onto the bed.

"I'm pretty sure she changed her mind. She hasn't said anything in six weeks."

Andy furrowed her eyebrows, joining Maya on the bed. "Did you change your mind?"

"No."

"Then why haven't you said anything about it?"

Maya rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll text her."

lover <33

hey

"Oh shit."

XXX

Meanwhile at the hospital...

"Okay, when are we gonna talk about the elephant in the room?" Meredith questioned her sister as the two of them, along with Amelia and Maggie, walked down a corridor of the Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Emma denied as she sipped on her coffee.

"Ooh, let me go." Amelia raised her hand as if she was in a kindergarten class. "Is this about Firefighter Barbie asking her out six weeks ago, but they still haven't gone out yet?"

"Bingo."

"What if she changed her mind? It's not like she's talked about it since she asked me out."

"And have you talked about it?" Maggie chimed in, earning a glare from her fellow cardio goddess. "Just saying."

"Fine. I'll text her now."

firefighter barbie <33

hey

hey

"Shit she already answered." She looked helplessly at her sisters. "What do I say now?"

"Talk about the date!" Amelia practically screamed.

"Jesus! Okay! No need to yell!"

firefighter barbie <33

hey

hey

can we talk? maybe abt that date?

we should probably talk about that date

"Okay, uh, she already answered." Emma held up her phone for advice, only getting amusement from her sisters. "What do I do now?"

"Ask if you can come over later." Meredith proposed.

"Yeah, okay."

firefighter barbie <33