NINETEEN

Lillevenn came in and out of consciousness, but even when he was awake he had no interest in being so. He lay facing away from the door, thinking that was a clear message he didn't want to see anyone, but Ingrid still came in, bringing a food tray. When she sat next to him, he turned the other way, not having the energy to tell her he didn't feel like company. He felt numb, apathy forming a bubble around him where nothing mattered.
      Her voice floated inside the bubble. She told him how Loridian and his elves had come to rescue them, and that the chancellor had destroyed Hel's domain, leaving his relation to wander Niflheim. He had banished her from Helheim proper, through a magical means Ingrid wasn't clear on. Inside his bubble, his logical mind worked on the calculations required to enforce such a ban. By the time he'd stopped, she'd gone. It was just as well.

      Lilleven rose from sleep, a familiar essence like mahogany and rainforest filling his senses before he opened his eyes. He looked at Loridian unblinkingly while those warm blue eyes looked down at him.
      "Ingrid tells me you're not eating and you haven't left this room since we brought you back."
      "What took you so long?"
      Pleasant heat like a hot spring filled those powerful eyes that seemed to infuse him with strength from where he sat.
      "I didn't think you'd want to see anyone for a while."
      Some of the bubble melted around his heart.
"She told me what you did. I might not be here right now if it wasn't for you."
      Loridian brushed his hair from his eyes.
      "I wish I'd been there sooner," he said softly.
      "Why? We'd only been together a few times..."
      Power and care combined in those eyes, and he didn't require a response.
      "It doesn't take me long to feel strongly about someone," he replied, but his eyes had said so much more. Lillevenn took his hand that touched his face and applied just enough pressure to communicate his request. Those eyes like embers gave him a warm look laced with concern.
      "Isn't it too soon? After what happened..."
      "After what she did, I need to feel in control again."
      Loridian said nothing more before he pushed back his blankets, to find him naked underneath. The chancellor didn't hesitate before pleasuring him. Lillevenn shut his eyes, his hands finding his silky black hair as his body moved of its own accord, grinding gently against his mouth. The burst of pleasure shattered the bubble around his mind and heart, and he took a breath, the first in such a long time, it felt like.
      Loridian settled beside him, opening his mouth when Lillevenn went on top, his hands in his hair as he kissed him passionately, desperately. The chancellor touched his face gently, a hand running down his waist. Lillevenn peeled his red robe from his shoulders, his tongue on fire as he pushed his pants down. He somehow knew when he wanted him to slow, leaning back to look down into his desirous icy eyes.
      "I want you to make love to me this time."
      Loridian sat up, sliding his tunic over his shoulders, meeting another kiss, his hands gentle, soothing on his neck and his arm, Lillevenn soaking up his care that seemed exude from every pore. His bicep wrapped around his neck, his hand in his hair as he kissed him with slow passion. His chancellor's hands were like a potter's with a piece of clay, running them over his waist and back, Lillevenn finding himself needing every touch.
      When they finally made love, it wasn't control he found, but the sweetest submission from the powerful elf underneath him, who increasingly sensed his needs before he could act on them. He didn't find himself dominant and angry as he thought he would be, but weights on his heart and mind the last few days just fell away. He experienced oneness with this Dokkalfr chancellor he hadn't found with even his Valkyrie.

      Lillevenn snoozed lightly, waking briefly before dropping off again. When he opened his eyes again, he found the powerful gaze of his chancellor looking down at him, his head on his palm, his elbow beside his pillow.
      "You were even more perfect than I imagined," he whispered, the words cinching his heart. The back of his hand touched his cheek so gently, tears he didn't understand and hated equally springing to his eyes. Loridian's large hand took his cheek as he leaned toward his ear.   "No one will ever touch you again, unless you wish it."
      Lillevenn knew what the words meant, and he couldn't find it in him to convince him otherwise. When his chancellor kissed him, he immediately drowned underneath it, allowing his care and possession to wrap him up, without hesitation.