78 ~ [Hurts So Bad]

Start from the beginning

My face breaks the surface of water when I couldn't stay in anymore. I'm huffing. Then I calm down inhaling small, even breaths to help steady my mind.

I don't know what time is it but I can predict that the sun has risen by the chirping sound of birds. I don't even know how long I have been here for. It's cold even if the water is warm. I don't feel like I'm in sound mind, I just feel some sort of sereneness here.

I sink my face below the water again. I could live here forever, I think. Live where there is no one to agonize me, where I am untethered by the chains of this lacklustre life.

I sink deeper and after a moment I notice a small sound, particularly a knock. "Mrs. Pavano?" Came in Clara's voice, our housekeeper.

She is just a few years old than me. She's very amiable and a person anyone would love being with. I usually spend most of the time gossiping with her randomly when I have nothing to do here.

The door is open but she doesn't peep inside. I take a deep breath before getting up and wearing the shower dress. Then I get out of the bathtub. "The shattered frame and glass pieces? Are you alright?" She asks worried, searching my face.

"Yeah. Accidentally. Can you please cleanup the mess?"
"Sure." She can clearly take a hint that something is wrong but says nothing. She can understand reading my face that I don't want to talk right now.

I get to the closet and start filling a luggage with my clothes and essentials. I need to get out of here before he comes back. I have already wasted enough time. I dial Louis's number but it's unreachable for unknown reason. I don't fear dying at this point. I only have one fear, that what if Louis faces his wrath for assisting me. I can't let that happen!

After putting on a dress and combing my hair, I compose myself. If he gets here he would never let me leave and I don't know how his reaction would be. I am not afraid of him, I'm afraid of the thought what if I give up which I have been fighting for.

Lastly taking my sidebag, I drag the luggage down, when out of no where Remor appears standing infront of me, "You are not allowed to go anywhere Ma'am. It's sir's order."

"Damn with that. Who are you to stop me?" Rolling my eyes I pass past him and see the door is locked and there's several other guards. "What the hell? Open the door. I'm going to my parent's house and Azezal knows about that." I try lying for once.
"Ma'am sorry, we have been instructed to secure this place and not let you outside by sir himself." He says in a formal tone.
But I won't give up and I'll get out of here, "Fine."

* * * * * *

"Do you think they will believe me?" Clara asks tilting her eyebrows. "Of course they will. All you have to do is give this car key to my friend who will be in the basement and then tell them that when you were leaving, you saw me fleeing through the backdoor and escaping with the car. They will surely go after her believing it to be me." I explain her the plan.

"But what if they suspect me and check the CCTV footage." She remarks. "They won't have time for that. And this apartment is huge I'll hide anywhere. Right when they all will go after my friend thinking it to be me, I'll get out of here."

"Alright." She says and before she leaves I call her name, "Clara, thankyou for helping me without questioning anything. I will always be grateful for that." She smiles, "My pleasure. You are a generous woman and I don't think whatever you're doing would be anything wrong. Surely there might be any reason behind." My lips curl up in a genuine smile this time, "Thankyou again for understanding."

I just hope Aria handles everything.

"Aria is in town. She didn't come?" One of my friends ask. "Oh I wasn't in contact with her for the last few weeks. Haven't talked to her lately so didn't know she is in town." I hate how most of them gave me that sympathy look as if I'm a loner person who end up losing both of her best friends. Yeah true. And seems like it was only me who didn't know about Levi's accident and now that Aria is also not in the party, of course they are making an assumption that our trio is entirely splitted which is also true. And I hate it more here.