We had lunch with our uncle.  In the afternoon, we said our goodbyes.  Uncle Waylen had lots of reminders for Harper.  As for me, he just told me to obey palace rules.  I deduced that my uncle was kept in the dark about my being Knox's mate.  It is all for the best.  Then we were on our way back to the royal pack.  

When we arrived at the pack house, Rhett lead us to the dinning hall to join the other wolves.  He told me that the Alpha King will introduce us to the pack.   

The dinning hall is modern in style and spacious. I think it can house 300 wolves.  The three chandeliers that hang on the high ceiling made it even more impressive.  Rhett told me that only the high ranking wolves, warriors, and guests may dine in the pack house.   

Harper and I sat in a distant table and was finishing dessert when Knox arrived.  He walked regally to his esteemed table but as he passed by he threw me a glance.  Air was knocked off my chest as I want to smile and feel giddy with the attention.  Of course I stopped myself from swooning and embarrassing myself.

Knox began to address the pack.  "Listen up, there is a looming threat coming our way.  I want the royal warriors to be doubly alert and ready for attacks and threats.  None-warriors are forbidden to go on a solo run.  A minimum of four wolves will be allowed to run but only before 9:00PM.  After that, everyone should be safe in their house or just in the royal center.  Violation of this will incur punishment.  Do you understand?"  

"Yes, Alpha King!"  The people replied.

"We are the royal pack and we will not be intimidated.  We will show them our might.  We will crush anyone who will disrespect and covet the throne!" Knox's voice boomed in the hall.  The people proudly cheered and applauded.  I could not help but admire my mate's influence and effectiveness as a leader.

"Lastly, on a different note, two Blue Stone pack members have trespassed over our land.  The child will not be punished but the woman will be.  Starting tomorrow, Nurse Lyanna, will serve in the royal hospital for six months as her punishment. Treat them accordingly as if our own pack members.  That's all, go home to your wives and love them till they can't stand anymore,"  the warriors laughed, "and hug your pups and be proud of them.  Goodnight."  Knox exited the the hall as his pack claps for him and shakes his hand like an idol.

A female omega escorted Harper and I to our room.  Much to my surprise, they gave us two separate but adjacent rooms.  "No, no, my sister and I can sleep in one room."  I said.

"I am sorry Nurse Lyanna, but this is beta's orders.  He said the girl is big enough to be in her own room.  Here in the royal pack, pups are taught independence early on.  This is for her own good," she politely explained.

"Ly, I am going to be fine.  I do not want to bring any more trouble for us.  Having my own room is quite exciting too,"  she beamed.  

"Oh my baby sister is growing up so fast.  Are you sure, sweetie?  Anyhow, I am just a door away, you can come anytime you need me."  With that I kiss her and let the omega assist her in her unpacking.

I checked out my room and found it quaint and comfortable.  It's double the size of our room at our uncle's pack so I am grateful.  I unpacked, showered, and was about to lie down when I heard a sound outside.

I slightly opened the door to investigate and lo and behold there the king and his beta are having a heated but hushed argument.  

"You cannot sleep here in the pack house, your highness, this defeats the plan." Rhett is speaking in a hushed yet annoyed tone.

"Who made you my father?  Who is king here?  I agreed that Lyanna sleeps here in the pack house but I am king and I can also sleep here once in a while!  This is my pack house, remember?"  

"Yes, and yes, but may I remind you that the Alpha King sleeps on the 9th floor, not on the 4th floor"  Rhett narrowed his eyes.

This is amusing!  The beta is reprimanding his childish king. 

"You are like a teenager with raging hormones!  Get you acts together, my king!"

 I snickered and instantly felt ashamed for eves dropping so I shut the door close.  They heard me I am sure of that!

I backed away when the door opened and the king grabbed my arms gently and backed me against the wall.  

"So, you think that's funny, eh?  You laugh at my misery, what kind of mate are you?"

"Your misery?  Aren't we too dramatic, my king?"

My room was almost pitch black but the moon timely beamed in the glass window illuminating the entire room.  Knox looked at me from head to toe.  His eyes are becoming black.  I know that look.  Then I realized I was wearing a pink silk nightdress that barely reached my knees and hardly covered my full breasts.

"You are beyond beautiful, Lyanna.  I still can't believe you are mine."  He said dreamily.  He nozzled and sniffed my neck as his hands roam my arm and back.  

I revel in his touch and closeness.  This is what having a mate feels like.  I want to feel his skin against mine and surrender to his passion but suddenly I pictured other women succumbing to his expert touch, how they will do anything to give the king the pleasure he demands.  And that image made me gag.  I push him away in my disgust, shaking my head in disappointment.

"Stay away from me!  I am not ready for this.  I do not want this.  Please leave now!"

"Why do you deprive yourself of this?  I know you want me too, little bunny." He looked hurt.

"Get out!   Do not make me scream.  Let me remind you that you cannot be this close to me.  Your smell cannot be on me or everyone will assume I am your new slut." 

He took one look at me and left the room.

I spent the night tossing and turning before sleep overtook me.

Alpha King's PlaymatesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara