TWENTY-SIX

Lyanna

"We found her, my little bunny!  Come, love, I will help you dress up because we need to end this with no time to waste!"  Knox's happy  then serious face greeted me as I was exiting the bathroom.  He showered my face and my tummy with sweet kisses.  It is a sigh of relief to see him not problematic for a change.  

The witch is here!  It will be over soon.  However, the thought that a life must be taken does not sit well with me.  I know Knox will not give me a voice in the subject.  He is in maximum protective mode for his mate and heir as it is, much more, the Alpha King side of him will not have it.  Moon Goddess guide us in our ways, I utter in earnest prayer.

Knox and I entered the throne room.  A number of relevant people stand in audience.  I can't help but get nervous.  I kept rubbing my chest.  I could almost feel something bad is to happen. 

Like in a suspense mystery movie, the air was filled with intrigue.  The witch she-wolf  was brought to our presence.  The closer she gets, the more insecure of her beauty I get.  Knox can't even remember her, you silly!, my wolf, like a conscience, reprimanded me.  Indeed, Knox could not remember her meaning she was just a fleeting forgettable fling.  She was smiling flirtatiously at every male wolf she passes as if death is not awaiting her.  I swear that even when I am still weak and pregnant, if she looks at the Alpha King that way, I will erase her face!  Whoa, hormones calm down!

She was closer now and she looked at Beta Rhett who maintains a quizzical eyebrow.  Then she turned her seductive and malicious smile to Gamma Vino but quickly changed emotions.  She looked shocked then disgusted then lost.  We were not ready for what happened next.  

"Mate!"  OH NO!!!!

The witch and the gamma both uttered that word at the same time but with different emotions.  Vino's was with longing, but the witch's tone was with repulsion.  Poor Vino!  

I could not believe how fate is playing with us.  Vino finally met his mate, Moon Goddess's gift, half of one's soul.  How could this be?  There must be a mistake somewhere.  Vino has been faithful, valiant, and kind.  He does not deserve this she-wolf slash witch.  He found his mate only to lose her.  I felt even weaker that I slid to my throne to sit.  Knox looked worried for me but I feel the conflict in him as this is another dilemma we are facing.

"My King, we brought you the vile witch who dared hurt the royals.  Punish her for her crimes without hesitation!  It must be done!"  Genoveva snapped us all back to reality.  

"No, I beg you, spare her!"  Vino knelt in front of us with his hands pressed together.  Tears run down his cheeks.  I cannot see this.  I closed my eyes and looked away.  

"This witch is a perpetrator of the death of the queen or the heir even before you knew she was your mate!  Get a hold of yourself, Gamma!  Sparing her means the death of your queen or your prince!"  Alpha Magnus shouted in angst.

"I-is there no other way...."  I dared to be heard because I love Vino like a brother.  It hurts me to see him this destitute.

An irritating voice replied, "Hahahahaha!  Is there another way, you ask?  Is there another way?  Yes, there is, little bunny!  But the question is, are you ready to hear it?  How much can you sacrifice for this wolf who seems to have your affection?"  The witch spoke and taunted then looked at Vino as if he was as low as a rogue.

"Enough!  We are not hearing any more words from this monster because they are pure malice and contempt.  Kill her now!"  Genoveva sharply challenged Knox.

"For Vino's sake and for the sake of my mate let us hear her for the last time, Genoveva."  Knox insisted with authority.

"Ah, Alpha King Knox could not say no to his dear mate.  How touching!  So you see, the only way to lift the dilemma curse without taking my life is another dilemma.  To be specific, you, King Knox will have to make love to me here at the center of the throne room while all these people stand watch!  The dilemma now falls on you Lyanna, yes I dare call you that, for you are no queen to me!  Will you allow your mate to have sex with me so this gamma can have his mate?" The witch mocked.

I could not believe her wickedness.  I was pulling Knox's arm because he is steaming mad now.  People could not hold their contempt against the witch as well.  The place was in uproar.

And to our surprise, Vino stood up, his face etched with utter fury, and approached Knox.  "She's mine,"  he sternly declared.  He next swiftly pulled the royal sword from Knox's side.  Knox growled!  But Vino was faster.

I held my breath thinking Vino will do the worst to my mate in my very presence.  No, I cannot lose my mate!  I panicked in my helplessness.  The witch convulsed in delight and her snickering is killing my sanity!

Vino, who we thought will retaliate against his King, shifted footing to march towards his mate.  Without any hesitation and with just pure hatred blazing from his eyes swung the royal sword in the air.  A chorus of gasp was heard..... then there was a tad sound as the head of the witch hit the floor and rolled few inches closer to her mate, Vino.

I covered my mouth with my hand in disbelief.  I feel like puking with all the stress and the gore.

"She is no mate of mine!  No one dares disrespect and blackmail my King and Queen as long as I am Gamma of this pack!"  Vino roared.  The crowd was silent for a while, still stunned in awe at his actions and words.  Then the crowd boomed in applause and cheers for Vino.  Rhett embraced him with tears in his eyes.  I, myself, was crying too and so are most people.  Oh, our dear gamma!  What a loyal wolf he truly is!  Moon Goddess please bless this kind wolf with a better second mate.

"King Knox, hurry, the blood!"  Vino encouraged the stunned King.  Knox embraced Vino.  "I owe you, Vino.  Thank you."  Knox venerated.  He then knelt to dunk his hand in the pool of blood on the floor.  He approached me with a hopeful look in his eyes.  He inserted his hand under my dress and rubbed the blood of the witch on my abdomen.  

In a few seconds I could already feel my usual strength.  It worked!  We are free of the curse.

The audience in the throne room were all sent home.  Knox decided it is not the time to celebrate.  He promised a grand ball for the baby shower and to honor Vino.  Vino will be staying with Rhett and Nadia for the night.

.................................

"Little bunny, close your eyes and sleep now.  It is over.  You are safe."  Knox coaxed as we lay in bed face to face.

"Thanks to our family and friends and of course thanks to you, my strong and wise King.  I knew you will not let anything harm me and the baby.  I am so blessed to have you as my mate.  Strip all your wealth and title, I will still love you Knox.  I love you deeply."  I caressed his cheek and leaned forward for a kiss.  

The kiss got intense and led to a passionate and intense lovemaking that vies with the intense episode at the throne room.