Valiskar lay on his side, watching his elf's eyelids droop, perspiration on his forehead, his hair damp around his face. His eyes opened wider, softening on him watching him. Valiskar moved closer to him, brushing his hair from his eyes.
      "I like the way you make love," he said quietly, those ice blue eyes heating.
      "And I love that you want me to."
      The back of Valiskar's hand brushed his cheek.
      "I don't know if anyone could deny such beauty."
      L'aeric's eyes filled with emotion though he couldn't imagine the information came as a surprise.
      "Nor could I."
      Valiskar's hand took his cheek as he kissed him passionately. His light elf returned it with desperation that once again moved him. Valiskar held him tightly, this Ljosalfr commander who'd taken him by surprise, and continued to do so the longer they knew each other.

      Alvaen stepped inside their bedroom, stopping just inside, the door sliding shut behind him to watch his chancellor snore logs on his side of the bed. He walked up to him, smiling down at the dignified second most powerful elf in Svartalfheim, his mouth open as he snored loudly. Loridian woke, his eyelids drooping when he realized he stood beside the bed. A sleepy smile came to his eyes, touching his heart as it always did.
      "I thought you were in your room tonight."
      Alvaen sat beside him.
      "And I thought you would be acquainting yourself with a certain pleasure master," he said with warmth in his eyes. His chancellor blinked at him as though confused but he knew he wasn't slow.
      "Are you saying you'd let me? Now you tell me."
      Alvaen's heart filled with warmth that such an elf would keep himself from pleasure just for him.
      "I didn't think I'd be able to stop you when you went in for that meeting."
      Loridian's gaze gentled. "A promise is a promise."
      Alvaen looked down at the mattress, smoothing the blanket.
      "I don't remember you promising," he said quietly.
      "You told me how it had to be. Shouldn't I have listened?" he asked gently. Alvaen returned his eyes to him that said all the things he couldn't say.
      "Thank you," he whispered. Loridian reached out a hand, palm up. He took it, Alvaen snuggling next to him on a hip, his chancellor looking at him with a heated gaze he knew all too well. Loridian touched his face, a thumb on his bottom lip.
      "You're worth it."
      Alvaen shut his eyes as he kissed his thumb. He opened them, his chancellor giving him an intensified look. He grabbed a hip and pulled him on top of him, Alvaen giving him smiling eyes.
      "I wondered what took you so long."
      "Sometimes you're incredibly distracting."
      Alvaen took his hand, running his bottom lip over his palm without looking away from him.
"Only sometimes?"
      "You better get over here and kiss me quick, sexy beast."
       Alvaen smiled as his legs settled around him, leaning down to kiss him. His chancellor's hands found his back in a rough touch, stopping just above his ass. The growl in his throat made him smile, ruining the kiss as he leaned back a little.
      "Navariel has nothing on this," he said as he grabbed a butt cheek with gusto, surprising him. The sultry smile in his chancellor's eyes almost made him laugh. He found himself on his back, giving his mate a delighted look as Loridian settled on his side beside him, those naughty ice blue eyes making his night. His chancellor's hand caressed his face and neck, those eyes of his caressing other places.
      "What made you come here if you thought I was otherwise occupied?"
      "I thought I'd wait for you."
      Loridian dipped his head, kissing him with sudden hunger that worked on all the right places. He gave his lips another, softer kiss that somehow aroused him more than his lust.
      "I missed you," Alvaen whispered before he realized it, Loridian taking his bottom lip between his teeth briefly, his growl going straight to his groin. Alvaen lifted his mouth, brushing his lips over his. "Touch me," he whispered. "Grab me—" he cut himself off when his mate didn't wait for him to finish, his hand grabbing him between the legs in a fierce grip that instantly made him hard as a rock. His hand covered his, tightening his hold as he leaned upward, tasting his bottom lip before releasing it.
      "Tell me you want me," Loridian said in a low voice, his mouth hovering above his parted lips. Alvaen groaned as he began rubbing his hand against his erection.
      "I want you so bad," he moaned.
      "How bad?" Loridian grunted, working him faster.
      "So bad," he said in a weak voice only this elf could inspire. He brought his mouth closer. "Fuck me, Loridian, I need it..."
      "Say my name again," his chancellor commanded as Alvaen panted against him. When his mate squeezed him, a sound he didn't recognize rose from his throat. He gasped.
"Loridian, please..."
      His mate yanked his pants down, and he nearly came at the aggressive movement. Loridian's hand in his hair pressed his head to the pillow, his other hand working him with agonizing slowness. Alvaen pushed his body against his hand, needing it faster, a moan deep in his throat as he closed his eyes. Loridian's teeth momentarily found his chin. His hand increased speed and sequential moans from beneath him filled the air.
      "Come for me, come now," he commanded in a growl and Alvaen cried out as he obeyed. He exhaled, relaxing.
      "You're an evil elf," he whispered breathlessly. Loridian captured his earlobe between his teeth. Alvaen pushed him onto his back, straddling him, his chancellor's desirous eyes on him as his hands grabbed his hips. Alvaen took his wet hand and put it around his own member, Loridian's eyes heating. Alvaen grinded against him mercilessly, Loridian's hands on his ass pressing him harder against him. Alvaen arched his spine, Loridian's hand finding his throat as they moved against one another.
      After Loridian orgasmed with a groan, Alvaen leaned against him, holding his wrists against the mattress as he bit his neck. Loridian moved his hips against his and they fell into a rhythm. They both orgasmed again after a slow burn release, Alvaen's hand tight in his hair. Loridian wrapped an arm around his waist and Alvaen went still, resting his cheek on his shoulder. Loridian's hands ran up and down his back under the tunic he wore in a comforting touch that nearly put him to sleep.
      Alvaen leaned back, Loridian's hand finding his face, a thumb touching his bottom lip while Alvaen's eyes softened.
      "Sexy as hell, as always," Loridian murmured.
      "You bring it out in me."
      "My darkling."
      Alvaen's eyes heated. "Aways." He brushed his black hair from his face, taking in the way his chancellor looked at him, with tenderness and possession that captured his entire heart. "You remember that first shower together?"
      He loved watching the desire fill those dominant blue eyes.
      "I remember I couldn't believe you were going for it. When that ass of yours started rubbing against me, I thought I'd died and went to Valhalla."
      Alvaen gave him a pleased look.
      "That was hot."
      Loridian chuckled. "You were. My little spitfire. I wanted you so bad that night." Alvaen gave him an impish look that made his chancellor chuckle. He squeezed a butt cheek. "My naughty darkling."
      Alvaen's gaze heated. "It was amazing I got to the shower. When you came inside, I knew I was done for."
      "I never thought I'd want anyone so much, not even Lillevenn."
      Alvaen's eyes softened. "I'm flattered."
      "I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't agreed to be my mate."
      The words pulled on his heartstrings.
      "You know I couldn't have denied you for long. I'm weaker than I appear."
      Loridian's hand covered his cheek.
      "There's nothing weak about you. You're not by my side simply because of the sex, you know."
       Alvaen's gaze warmed. "Thank you."
       Loridian leaned upward and gave him a little kiss that touched him. He rested his head on his chest, wrapping his arms around him. Loridian exhaled, his hand running down his hair.
      "I love you, my darkling."
      The words easily penetrated his heart.
      "And I love you, my chancellor. So much."
      Loridian's arm tightened around him, making him feel treasured and safe, something he never thought to feel again, after the darkness.