But..

POV: Toya's
Day: Saturday
Time: 12PM
Place: Dance Studio

I was at the dance studio doing my choreography for Trap Queen by Fetty Wap. This studio is open to the public. Just then my best-friend, Justina (Stina) walked in with her brother, Trey. Following behind them was Jacob and ugh...Zonnique. I finished up my routine and turned towards them. "Hey!"

Jacquees : "Dayum toya..I didn't know you could dance. You used to go to classes huh?"
Toya: "Nope...Just came here when I was 12 and kept dancing ever since."
Trey&Jacquees: "Nice."
Niq: "Anywho...Why even try?! It won't make you any cooler or prettier."

I know things like that are petty. But that really hurt. I guess Jacquees saw the expression on my face because he mouthed 'Don't listen to her'.

Stina: "What the hell does dancing have to do with being prettier though?!"
Niq: "Aye watch how you talk to me!"
Stina: "Blue shrub I ain't the one!"
Trey: "She ain't the one!"
Niq: (backing up) "Jacquees -"
Jacquees : "You should've shut up while you were ahead."
Toya: "ANYWAY...I'm out."

I grabbed my bag and started walking towards the door. Jacquees ran up behind me and gently grabbed my arm. "What?"

Jacquees : "Where are you going?"
Toya: "To get something to eat then home."
Jacquees: "I know you're not 16 yet so you don't drive. How are you gonna get there?"
Toya: "I walked here and I'll walk back."
Jacquees : (reaching for my hand) "Come on."
Toya: "You just got here and what about Zonnique?"
Jacquees : "She'll be alright...Just come on."

I hesitated then grabbed his hand. He walked me out to his blue Honda accord 2012 and I sat down on the passenger side. We drove off.

Jacquees : "So where do you wanna go to eat?"
Toya: (mumbling) "It's your car..Your gas money."
Jacquees : (laughing) "Well that is true. How about we go to McDonalds?"
Toya: "Umm...Okay."
Jacquees : "Alright."

We went to McDonalds but only on the drive-thru. We paid for our separate meals and then he took me home. He stood outside the car with his back against the driver side's door. He grabbed my hand pulling me in front of him.

Jacquees : "Why do you let Zonnique bring you down?"
Toya: (looking down) "I don't know.."
Jacquees : "You shouldn't listen to her..Don't let her intimidate you."
Toya: "It's hard."

He pulled me towards him and grabbed my waist...There was no space whatsoever between us. He lifted my head with his hand and looked me in my eyes.

Jacquees : "You're beautiful..Talented and I'm dayum sure you're smart. So don't let her get to you. She's just jealous of you."
Toya: "You mean that?"
Jacquees : "Of course I do. I'm saying it right?"
Toya: (laughing)
Jacquees: "That's the smile I wanted to see. Now according to my dad..You're supposed to be coming to the house tomorrow so you have some packing to do."
Toya: "Mhmmm...I'll see you tomorrow."
Jacquees : "I'll pick you up from here around 1 o'clock okay?"
Toya: "Okay."

He kissed my forehead and got back in the car. I watched as he drove down the street. I ain't finna be no side trick so he need to stop with all that. He has a girlfriend. He's sweet, caring and he dayum fine but he has a girlfriend.