Day of the Great Devourer

I'm done with season 1!

This was a long journey but I'm so glad to have done it and I can't wait for the rest.

Rise of the Great Devourer was part 1 so this chapter had a lot of pay off that was set up.

Yue has really started to accept that Wu isn't the most reliable person. So instead of placing so much trust in him she is putting than on the others and herself. 

Essentially she was raised to aid the ninja. Very little emphases was put on her own destiny and wants. Up until Lloyd was revealed to be the Green Ninja she was totally fine with this. 

She's starting to see things in a different perspective. Like how she studied all night to find the location of Ouroboros, she's going to stop waiting for Wu to tell them things. (Though she still won't know about quite a lot)

Also, Yue has unlocked her True Potential! After Wu got back, they told him that Kai and Yue were the only ones who hadn't unlocked it yet. Kai did that very episode, but to attention was really given to Yue. Based on how she was raised, she assumed that only the four boys had a True Potential to unlock. 

So when she was met with the reality that they were are there own. When Zane protects hurt and everyone almost gets hurt she snaps. This also plays in with her biggest character flaw, when her family is in danger all of her self-preservation skills go out the window. 

Also this is one of those cases of happy accident. Yue unlocks her True Potential in this chapter but so do the Dragons. This works out as great symbolism because Wu is often accosted with dragons while Garmadon and Lloyd are with Oni. 

I didn't even realize this until I was proofreading the chapter. Something similar happens in season 2 just in a more obvious way.

As always, please send any any suggestions or requests for upcoming chapters. 

I have up until season 5 decently outlines so if ya'll have any ideas for any episode or season please feel free to comment.

Also in honor of completing season 2, I want to do a Q&A.

Comment any questions you have for either me or any of the characters. I will answer anything as long as it doesn't get to far into spoiler territory. (But if you have a question for a later season like the Oni Trilogy or Seabound then I'll probably answer).