Chapter 22: Racing Knight?

(Kitt's P.O.V)

We arrived at Micheal's house, and by now, the two in my chassis had calmed down, thankfully. As I pulled up, a taller man, who had Bonnie's similar brown eyes, almost came barreling into me.
As Susan opened the door, he exclaimed," Susan, are you okay? Why Didn't you tell me you were in a fire?"
I could only assume that he would be her adopted father. A question buzzed through my circuits, "Would Susan be considered adopted?" It was kind of a dumb question. Of course, she would be adopted. Her real father was never there, according to what the old homeless lady at Wendy's told her. But her birth mother was, though she died before she had the chance to meet her. Maybe she got her anger problems from her real Father. It would make sense, especially after she used me as her carriage the one day when she rushed out of Bonnie and Micheal after they told her that Micheal was her Grandfather. I don't know why she was as shocked as she was, I kind of expected that especially with the way Micheal talked to Bonnie. If I were human, I probably would have fought him several times over that. He shouldn't have been able to talk to Bonnie, or anyone, that way. It was disturbing. I like to think of the Foundation as my family. Wilton would have been my Father since he was the one who had thought of creating me first. Devon would be like an Uncle, considering he always would check in on me from time to time. Bonnie would have been like my mother, considering how many times she has taken care of me. Lastly, Micheal would be a brother, we didn't get along 100% of the time, but we didn't hate each other. So him talking to Bonnie like that would be the equivalent of my Brother hitting on my Mother, and last time I checked, we aren't in Alabama. I scanned the area around me for a minute. Everyone was here. Dahlia, Sonia, Quincy, and even the homeless woman from Wendy's made an appearance. Arnold Tracuer was sitting by the 3000, or my replacement. I had recognized the kid from his previous missions when Susan was in the Hospital. There were two missions they were sent on together while I was being repaired. One was a case of police brutality, the other was a crazy ex-Boyfriend on the loose. I know this because the 3000 told me everything while I was trying to recharge my power banks for the night. He told me how the Boyfriend thought he couldn't live without this girl so he was going to kill both himself, and her, just so they could be together in the afterlife since they couldn't be together during their lifetime. He told me how the police kicked a girl to the curb because of her race. I have to admit, I was annoyed with him. I tried my hardest to be nice. But he was enjoying his right to free speech.
"Hey, Kitt!" Arnold yelled towards me.
I started my engine, and drove over to him, just so he wouldn't have to yell. "Yes?"
"He wants to race you," Arnold said, gesturing towards the 3000.
"Street racing is dangerous and illegal, I'm sorry, but I refuse."
Karr approached from the rear of Micheal's house.
"You're just saying that because you know you will lose." He teased me.
"Yeah." The 3000 agreed.
"No, I'm saying that so nobody gets hurt."
"Scaredy cat." Karr teased.
"Kitt the Katt," Arnold added.
"Fine, I'll race."
Arnold let out a soft cheer, then ran over to Micheal.
"You owe me," I mumbled to the 3000.
"Only if you win." He responded.
Micheal had us line up at the start of the road, and informed us that the finish would be slightly past his driveway. Susan had chosen to be the flag girl. I find that ironic. She stood in between the two of us.], about 7 feet ahead. I was frightened by her distance. What if I accidentally hit her? I would never forgive myself!  Karr was at the very end of the road. He was assigned the part of determining the winner, which I say isn't fair. He's going to rule against me because he doesn't like me very much. The rest of the group was spread out, rather equally along the two sides of the road. I assumed the people on the left were cheering for me, and the people on the right would be cheering for the 3000. I wasn't scared, okay I lied, I was a little scared, only because I didn't want anyone to get hurt, and I think that is quite a logical reason to be scared. The both of us were told to start our engines, and we did. Mine was louder, which I find odd because the 3000 is a lot more modern than me. Maybe they don't make engines sound cool anymore. He also sounded stock. Like he was just a 2008 Ford Mustang GT500KR bought off of a lot and brought here. Perhaps maybe that was a cover-up. But for a Foundation vehicle, it would make perfect sense that they want him to sound and look 'normal' considering I stick out like a sore thumb in a parking lot full of modern cars today. But I have to ask myself, why would they choose a Mustang? I thought the Foundation was GM affiliated. A camaro at least would look so much cooler than a car that looks like, forgive me if you're offended, a pig. Perhaps I don't fully understand the pop-culture definition of cool anymore.
Susan raised both of her arms, causing the flags to flow gently in the wind. I decided to rev my engine a little, showing off never hurt anyone. The 3000 revved back like he was cool or something. Susan then kept her pose for another second, then dropped her arms down. I took off, taking the lead, the 3000 was just mere inches from passing me. Right before we met the finish line, we were bumper to bumper.  The wind pounded against my hood and windshield, causing bugs to meet their ultimate demise. The 300 was in the lead, I was going to lose. But then I got an idea. I switched to Super Pursuit mode. My engine revved louder as my front bumper shot out, and my spoiler and trunk raised with it. The extra boost was just enough for me to blow the 3000 out of the water in the last tenth of a second in the race.  I slammed on my brakes activating EBS (Emergency braking system), though now, I think they call it AEB (Automatic emergency braking). My rear panels shot out, assisting me to stop easier. The 300 did not have those same systems and instead, almost rammed into Karr. Karr was able to swerve away, and the 3000 ended up hitting a tree. It was quite tragic, but also quite comical at the same time. The party reunited around me and began to compliment me.
"I already know I'm the best, you don't have to remind me." I boasted.

The end