Chapter 6: Dramatic Knight

There wasn't any physical violence between 2000 and 3000 this time, they just sat there, bickering, for about half an hour. It was quite hilarious, they would interrupt each other and try to give facts, but the other wouldn't take it. I don't think I'd ever been more amused by sitting in a parking lot, eating my lunch, and watching two cars. Micheal and I sat at an outdoor table of the Sheetz, I was eating my Mac N' Cheese, and Micheal had gotten himself an Italian hoagie.
"Look Mustang, I don't even know why you're still bothering me, you and I have nothing to do with each other." The 2000 said, trying to reason with the 3000.
"I'm only here because you have something I want." He said.
"You think we should break this up?" I said to Micheal. He just nodded, his mouth full of hoagie. The person who drove the 3000 must have run away or something because he was nowhere to be found. 
I got up from my spot and walked in between the two cars.
"Girls, girls, you're both beautiful, there is no need to argue," I said, teasing both of them at the same time.
"Tell NaCl to shut it over there," The 3000 Blurted
"If I'm NaCl, you're NH4Cl because you're salty, basic, and toxic." The 2000 replied sharply.
"Did you make that up on your own?" I asked.
"Yes." The 2000 answered proudly.
"Let's just cut it out, both of you, we don't need any drama, this isn't high school," I said.
"But he started it." The 2000 said.
"I don't care," I said.
"Susan." The 3000 said.
"What?" I replied.
"I think there is something wrong with me... Would you mind taking a look?" He said, sounding surprisingly like how he used to.
"Don't do it, he's trying to trap you." The 2000 warned.
"No, I'm not." The 3000 argued
I walked up to the 3000 and opened the door.
"Susan!" The 2000 protested.
"What's wrong with you?" I said, studying the interior.
"I don't know, sometimes I just feel violent, and like I need to kill people, but then other times, like now, I feel fine." He said.
"Maybe you're bipolar," Micheal said from behind me. I hadn't even noticed he was there.
"Micheal." I snapped.
"Sorry, it's just a thought." He said.
I rolled my eyes, powered the 3000 off, waited 15 seconds, then powered him back on, resetting his program.
He came back to life quickly.
"Thank you, that feels much better." He said.
"Well, can we go now?" Micheal said.
"Sure," I said.
"Wait, I want to go with you, though I don't know where you're going." The 3000 said.
I looked back at Micheal, who just shrugged.
"Sure, why not," I said.
I heard Kitt, the 2000, forge a fake groan as if he was frustrated that he was coming with us now.
Micheal let off a small chuckle and got inside the 2000.
"You take him, I'll take the other one?" I said.
"Sure," he replied,
"Just keep me away from him." The 2000 said snarkily.
"Be nice," I heard Micheal respond
We hit the road again, in two separate cars now. The 3000 had told me everything that had happened to him, I can tell you this right now, the main difference between him and the 2000 is that he surely likes to talk.
He told me that the very first time it had happened turned out to be the day in the garage, he said that a fury of rage had come over him, and he didn't know why, his first thought was that it was a virus or a glitch, so he checked his systems and it just took over him. He then said that he didn't know what it was and that only came and went in waves, like mood swings.
I then had the idea to check his programming, maybe it was a possibility that something had happened to it. It hasn't been unheard of for someone to hack into a Foundation computer, change the way it was programmed, then act like nothing ever happened. I looked at the main program first, since it was violated twice. It was as I had suspected.
The codes I had memorized by now, the foundation may not have a robotic car, but they do have several robots that need day-to-day maintenance, and I had taught myself how to fix some. It was changed from the protection of human life, to not letting anyone take advantage of him. We had a robot that did run off that command, it helped with security, but we made sure that its secondary command was to keep everyone safe. I checked the rest of the programming, and it was alright, the secondary command hadn't been fiddled with, which would explain why he wasn't murderous constantly. The secondary command was to never endanger human life, so I guess the two countered each other.
When I was finished he made an "I feel" statement, which proved it worked.
I then called Micheal from my phone.
"Susan, are you alright back there?" He answered.
"Perfectly fine, I found the cause of his malfunction," I said
"What was it?" He asked.
"His program was messed with," I said.
"I told you it wasn't a virus, Micheal." I heard the 2000 respond.
"Well, we are about halfway there, how are you feeling?" He asked.
"A little lonely," I said.
"Am I not good enough for the company?" The 3000 interjected.
"Yes." The 2000 responded,
"Girls," I said.
"Why do you refer to us as girls?" Both the 2000 and 3000 said at the same time.
"Because you fight like girls," I said.
"No we don't," They said again, in sync
"Just think about it for a minute, ladies," I said.
"Now something tells me you're just trying to get on my nerves."  The 2000 said.
"Possibly," I said.
I heard Micheal laugh.
"Is this funny to you, Micheal?" I heard the 2000 say.
I then hung up the phone and then focussed on the black Trans-Am in front of me.  It seemed that Micheal and Kitt were arguing.
"We need another name for you," I said.
"What makes you say that?" The 3000 said.
"We have two Kitts," I said.
"But that doesn't mean you have to change my name." He said.
"Well, you don't have a last name I can refer to you by," I said.
"Fair, why don't you call me K.I.3.T. call him K.I.2.T?" He suggested.
"If I call you K.I.3.T., I'll just call him Kitt then," I said.
"Well, then that's not fair to me." He said.
"Do you know what fair is?" I said,
"Yes, equality between two sides." He said.
"No, it's the carnival that comes around once, maybe twice, every summer," I said.
"That is a definition, but not the only one." He said.
"It is the only definition of Kitt. You know why?" I said,
"Why?" He said.
"Because life isn't fair, it never will be. Do you think it was fair that the  2000 was shut down because they found bodies next to him and assumed that he killed them?" I said.
"Well no, but-"
"He never had a chance Kitt, he didn't have a trial, or even a testimony, because he is just a car, and the same thing happened to you, but you did kill those two mechanics and had witnesses. The 2000 had to have faith that people would trust him, and they didn't, so I think he deserves this one, tiny, victory over you."  I said,He
"But Susan, I had no control over myself, you saw my program,"  said.
"Bring that one to court, would you?" I said.
"Susan, I've noticed a rise in aggression in your tone, why are you mad at me?" He said.
"Because you attacked the 2000 first, without reason, and now, you separated me from him." I started. "I've been waiting my whole life, you hear that MY WHOLE LIFE, just to meet him, and you had to go and rip everything up."
"Susan, I didn't know." He tried to reason.
I felt bad, I was mad at Kitt for something that he couldn't control, and I'm sure he felt bad too. I sunk back into my seat.
"Susan, I am sorry you feel this way, I hope you will be able to forgive me." He said, probably noticing my body language.
The rest of the day was very mellow, I let Kitt take over into an auto cruise since we were just following the 2000, and I managed to get some rest. I still felt terrible about the way I had treated him. The next morning I awoke, it was dawn, and I noticed we had finally reached Illinois.
"I don't know where the foundation's building is, so I just thought we would make it to Chicago." The 2000's voice said through the 3000's speakers.
"Susan just woke up, I think she can guide us from here." The 3000 said.
"Were you just collaborating with 2000?" I asked.
"Yes, we are almost to Chicago, about 30 minutes remain, when we get there, will you take over and lead us to the foundation's new building?" He asked
"Of course," I said, yawning.
I hadn't eaten dinner yesterday, or much really yesterday, so I was hungry, but I was also anxious to get home and didn't want to make any stops.
"I hope you don't mind, but we filled up on gas last night, so we will be able to make it the rest of the way today." He explained.
The rest of the trip went by fairly quickly, my grandmother called me.
"Hello dear, you didn't happen to find Kitt, did you?" she said directly after I answered.
"Yes, we did," I said
"We?" She asked.
Oh crap, I just exposed Micheal.
"Yeah, I went to see Michael, and we ended up looking for him together,"  I said.
"Oh thank God you didn't go alone." She said,
"Yeah," I said.
"How is he?" She asked.
"He is fine," I said.
"Good, in one piece I presume?" she said.
"Yeah."
"When you get back, can you bring him to my house? I want to see him again." She said,
"Sure," I responded.
We talked a little longer, then she hung up.
"Can you patch me through to 2000?" I asked Kitt.
"Sure thing." He said.
"You summoned me." The 2000 said after a moment.
"Yes, we're making a pit stop at Bonnie's house before we get to the new Foundation building," I said.